News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brian Phillips

Ross Perrett and Co. buy St.Andrews Beach..
« on: October 14, 2010, 03:44:07 AM »
Bunkers, if they be good bunkers, and bunkers of strong character, refuse to be disregarded, and insist on asserting themselves; they do not mind being avoided, but they decline to be ignored - John Low Concerning Golf

Jim Nugent

Re: Ross Perrett and Co. buy St.Andrews Beach..
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 04:05:01 AM »
The article says, "Permits are in place for a hotel and condominiums, as well as the much-touted second course, but it is not yet clear whether the owners are in a position to move forward on these matters."

Any info on the much-touted second course?  Where, what and who?

Mark_F

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 04:09:09 AM »
That someone can get paid so much for designing so little, and have enough to sink into St Andrews Beach, is a modern tragedy.

Jim,

The second course won't happen unless they either ravage the existing course, or have purchased one of the parcels of land sold a year or so ago and which half a dozen holes had been routed on.   

Of course, given that Perrett is involved, they will probably just go without the Brown House title, and root a course regardless.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 04:12:35 AM by Mark Ferguson »

Jim Nugent

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 04:33:01 AM »
Mark, who did the routing of those six holes? 

Mark_F

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 04:53:28 AM »
Jim,

There were 18 holes routed for the Fingal course.  Bits and pieces of about six holes were located on approximately 30 acres of land known as the Brown House title.

Clayton golf routed the Fingal course, with the exception of 2 or 3 holes. 

Brian Phillips

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 05:00:17 AM »
That someone can get paid so much for designing so little, and have enough to sink into St Andrews Beach, is a modern tragedy.

Mark,

I am lost here.  Can you explain....you IM me if you want but I don't understand what you are saying (honestly).
Bunkers, if they be good bunkers, and bunkers of strong character, refuse to be disregarded, and insist on asserting themselves; they do not mind being avoided, but they decline to be ignored - John Low Concerning Golf

Scott Warren

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 09:35:06 PM »
While I was in Melbourne last week I was assured by someone reporting they had a strong link to St AB that Perrett is not among the owners, but rather is advising the owners on possible paths forward.

Anyone else got any comment on that?

Neil_Crafter

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 11:38:05 PM »
Scott
I have heard he has a very small share in it.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 11:41:57 PM »
I met the majority owner (briefly) when Brian Slawnik and I played there in December.  He's a Chinese fellow living in Melbourne.  Drives a bright red Ferrari; doesn't speak English very well.  Hard to guess what he might do with the place long-term, although he has agreed to allow the management company who re-opened the course to complete their 3-year lease on it as a public venue.  The owner of the management company is also a minority owner of the course.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back