News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JNC Lyon

JNC

If we accept the original as a template rather than The Template then this whole deal is a waste of time.  Prestwick won this contest 100 years ago - thats why CBM used the concept.  Do you honestly think any other Alps tops Prestwick's?  Not a chance.  It has history, beauty, drama and a great balance of chance and skill involved. 

Ciao

I have not played NGLA, but the Alps at National Golf Links seems to have a lot more strategy on the tee shot.  Old Mac's Alps also looks phenomenal.  Your argument proves why Prestwick got the #1 seed.  We'll just have to see who wins the head-to-head contest!
"That's why Oscar can't see that!" - Philip E. "Timmy" Thomas

Pete_Pittock

I've played Prestwick three times, never been to Yeaman's Hall. Pretswick's fairway is easy to hit. It's a simple sand wedge out of the bunker. Have video of me with a 80' tap-in from the back edge. Too much history there.

Vote for Prestwick.

Matt MacIver

I've played Prestwick, never Yeaman's.  Vote for Prestwick, easily, over Yeaman's, as an Alps.  And probably as a golf hole. 

On the Gleneagles-OM thread I said I liked Gleneagles' Alps better than Prestwick's.  I said that mostly because I remembered Prestwick's driving landing area to be too narrow; I still think it is but I guess one could hit less club and have a longer iron in and still make par, on a more interesting green.  So as of now I prefer Prestwick...

JNC Lyon

Bryan, Matt, et al:

The fairway at Prestwick is relatively narrow, but there is a lot of short grass on either side of the fairway.  When I played (in March, albeit), I believe missed the fairway to the right twice.  Both times I had a good lie and get a long iron on the ball with no problem.  Remember, I was driving into the wind both times.  There is a lot of short grass out there, meaning the landing area is fairly forgiving and gives players a good chance to hit the thrilling second shot.

Richard Choi

A friendly reminder that the voting window closes end of day today (Pacific time).

Prestwick is flexing its muscle like Duke with Hurley & Laettner. An early round blowout brewing at 15-1.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 11:55:36 AM by Richard Choi »

JNC Lyon

Didn't Arble vote for Yeamans?

Matthew Petersen

Prestwick

Richard Choi

My bad. fixed!

Richard Choi

Re: THM! Alps - 1st Rnd - #1 Prestwick (advances) vs #16 Yeamans Hall
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2011, 02:07:46 AM »
The #1 seed dominates the entire way with a 16 to 1 victory.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back