News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

Gamble Ranch in Washington...DM Kidd project
« on: February 26, 2011, 08:26:20 AM »
Early Saturday, waliking the towels, folding the dog, I came across this blurb from Matt Ginella in the Digest:

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-courses/blogs/wheres-matty-g/2011/02/catching-up-with-david-mclay-k.html

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 05:18:17 PM by Ronald Tricks O'Hooligan Montesano »
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Jud_T

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Scott Weersing

Re: Gamble Ranch in Oregon...DM Kidd project
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 09:18:18 AM »
There are lots of projects- (I would define a project as a course marked with flags)- out there but it takes a real commitment and dollars to move dirt and build a course.

Imagine if you will, Wicked Pony completed so that Bend is now Pinehurst West with lots of good courses.

I also wonder what will come out of this slow period in golf construction that will be remembered 20 years from now. If you go back to the last slump of 1989 to 1994, there were still some great courses built (Shadow Creek and the Ocean Course come to mind). And then we had the surge from 1995 to 2006 where hundreds of so-so golf courses were built. I know we won't have that many built in 2011 to 2020, but we might just have better courses built rather than so-so courses.

Pete_Pittock

Re: Gamble Ranch in Oregon...DM Kidd project
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 12:08:26 PM »
Gamble Ranch is in Washington, not Oregon.

Jason Beland

Re: Gamble Ranch in Washington...DM Kidd project
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 04:06:49 PM »
Just found these online.  Although the photos are labeled Dye course.  Is this a Dye or DMK design?

http://www.panoramio.com/user/4914406?with_photo_id=50874992

Are these holes that were completed before the "plug was pulled"?

J

Garland Bayley

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 05:04:19 PM »
Just found these online.  Although the photos are labeled Dye course.  Is this a Dye or DMK design?

http://www.panoramio.com/user/4914406?with_photo_id=50874992

Are these holes that were completed before the "plug was pulled"?

J

On 3/13/2009 the Quad City Herald (Brewser, WA area) has it as a Perry Dye course.
On February 25, 2011 Golf Digest has it as a David Kidd course.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Kalen Braley

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 05:34:47 PM »
Sure looks like a Dye course to my eye.... I'm not seeing much DMK out there.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 05:35:43 PM »
I'm pretty sure the plans for Gamble Ranch had two courses - one by Dye, the other by Kidd

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back