News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rick Sides

Lake Tahoe Golf
« on: February 21, 2011, 12:16:37 PM »
Just informed some family are meeting up in Lake Tahoe this summer.  I've never been there. Any ideas for courses?

Bill_McBride

Re: Lake Tahoe Golf
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 12:34:26 PM »
I haven't been there but a friend of mine has a condo at Incline Village and really likes the public course there.

David_Tepper

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 01:15:05 PM »
Rick Sides -

There have been threads (with pics) here on a number of the Lake Tahoe courses over the past year or two, as there was a King's Putter event played there last year.

Some of the usual suspects are Martis Camp, Lahontan, Old Greenwood, etc. I am sure some of the NorCal contingent will chime in with suggestions.

Due a search for Tahoe and see what comes up.

Here is a thread with pics on Clear Creek, a new Corre & Crenshaw course:

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,42066.0.html

DT  
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 01:17:05 PM by David_Tepper »

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 01:18:04 PM »
Rick,
The King's Putter was at Truckee last year, just a short drive away, at which I am an expert. I will find a link. You looking for public, private or both?

Matt_Ward

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 01:27:43 PM »
Rick:

Plenty of worthy public courses to play through the Reno / Carson City ara that are fun to play and won't cost you big time bucks.

When you head into the mountains - the prices do go up -- as expected because of the limited season.

The private ones alreadt mentoned -- Clear Creek and Martis Camp -- are well worth playing but access is very limited.

Coyote Moon is a good play -- ditto Old Greenwood and Incline Village has been updated through the works of Kyle Phillips.

Enjoy ...

David_Tepper

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 01:27:57 PM »
Here is a link to an article the San Francisco Chronicle ran not too long ago on the golf course scene around Lake Tahoe:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2010/06/29/tahoe-golf-courses.DTL

mike_beene

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 10:53:24 PM »
Edgewood is a good course.It gets a little tree happy but the conditions are good,the layout nice and views spectacular.It is down on the south side.By the way,the gondola at heavenly is a great ride for the views.

Tim Leahy

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 01:08:11 PM »
Clear Creek is the best in the area if you can get on.
Edgewood is pretty but way over priced at $200 a round.
Incline Village championship course is better than Edgewood but also expensive.
Look on line for discounts for the semi private courses around Truckee or Reno.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Matt_Ward

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 02:47:15 PM »
Tim:

Spot on regarding Edgewood -- Clear Creek is a home run for those lucky souls who wiggle an invite to play there.

Ditto for Martis Camp.

The Reno / Carson City connection provides plenty of good golf options without requiring a second mortgage during the peak
summer season.

Brad Isaacs

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 12:28:17 AM »
Marts Camp- private ! Good Fazio Design, better than Lahonton in my mind which is good.

Coyote Moon good public course, better than Old Greenwood which is good golf in it's own right.

I have a friend who lives in Incline who often plays there at the Kyle Phillips redesign who likes it.

Edgewood not worth traveling the length of the lake to play (on fairly slow roads)

I haven't played the new Coore Crenshaw course yet but is in a very windy section of the world.

J Cabarcos

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 12:55:17 PM »
Edgewood GC appears to be a must play.  I was out in Mesquite, NV golfing a couple of years ago and my playing partner told me that it was the nicest course with great vista in the State. He highly recommended it.   

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 02:45:34 PM »
Avoid the Resort at Squaw Creek at all costs, unless of course you enjoy riding over wooden slats across marshy ground and losing balls galore.

Bob

David_Tepper

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 03:02:53 PM »
Bob Huntley -

Spot on!

DT

Matt_Ward

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 06:32:40 PM »
The Carson City / Reno area has plenty of worthy public options -- no doubt those with the wherewithal will enjoy the private clubs -- Clear Creek is simply majestic in its location and presentation. C&C have dome very well there.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back