News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Melvyn Morrow

Re: The golfing attention whore syndrome.
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2011, 05:34:48 PM »

Seems we have forgotten what a golf course is for  - To play Golf, not go cruising on a Sunday Night

Melvyn

Tim Martin

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2011, 05:47:00 PM »
 Several things I like to do.

Wear very bright clothing.This also protects me from getting shot when I am in the woods.

Name dropping.I love this one.Makes others think I'm important.

Course droping.Although it is of no use when golfing with GCAers,with others it puffs you up.

Hot Chick.My favorite.Having a hot chick meet you at the 18th green is a must when traveling.

Hit bad shots.This attracts more attention than playing a boring fairway,green two put game.

Loud celebrations.Nothing like screaming while circling the green looking for some one to hug (Jimmy V) after a bird on the last hole.

Ball marker.Having my knees pop like pop corn every time I squat gets many grimaces.

Logo ball.This one is a classic providing the logo is your face.

Santa Clause.Playing in a Santa costume is a no brainer around the holidays.

Public urinating.Who needs a tree when you have a wide open fairway.

Caddy.When your to injured to play,wear a caddy outfit when walking with buddies.Works well at a course that has no caddies.

Hatless.I like to go hatless so after the round I can enter the clubhouse looking like the Unibomber.That gets attention.

Bilingual.Take your wifes family to Bandon since they can't speek english.Talk about getting attention.

Fake an injury.Especially if you are playing bad.

The doctor card.Have somebody call the grill when it is packed and have them ask for Dr Gray.

Lists.Tell the pro shop that I am a rater.

Buy drinks.No brainer.

Anthony

Anthony-Genius and attention getting on all counts.

Tim Nugent

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2011, 05:56:32 PM »
John-Maybe you could enlighten me as to what is wrong with having a logo bag from the course where you play. The last thing I knew the pro appreciated you spending money in his shop instead of going for a closeout at Edwin Watts. When is it inappropriate to wear shorts if the host club permits it? Thanks.

Tim,

Why have a logo on your golf bag unless you want someone else to see it bringing attention to yourself?

An example of inappropriate short wearing is the guy who wears shorts at Bandon when everyone else is wearing raingear. He does it to prove something about himself unrelated to golf.

WHY? Because you got to Prestwick but BA sent your clubs to some other country and the Club says, "you can't play unless you have your own clubs".  So you buy a canvas Sunday bag for 45 pounds, and borrow a club from a half a dozen guys and head to the 1st tee. 
Sorry but after paying $90 for a Sunday bag I'm using it - even if it has a gaudy, huge Calaway logo on it.
Ironically, I found that it is so light that walking is once again the perferred method of transportation.
Coasting is a downhill process

JC Jones

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2011, 06:19:39 PM »

The doctor card.Have somebody call the grill when it is packed and have them ask for Dr Gray.

I knew you'd get a kick out of that.  I was just repaying you for your generosity earlier in the day.  Little known fact about Dr. Gray, hands down one of the most generous people I've met in my life. 
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Sean_A

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2011, 06:28:18 PM »
I reckon this thread is about as good as the Why would...thread and that the answers are interchangeable. 

1. I don't care if golf is used as a verb - see above.

2. I spit.

3. I swear.

4. I piss.

5. I like beer while playing and this may be the thing I miss most about US golf.

6. I don't like the traditional British concotions on the course.

7. I like to smoke cigars while golfing.

8. I won't give a putt if a guy had a shot on the tee.

9. I want to be lucky rather than good.

10. I am not too bothered who I play with - don't play favourites.

11. I like to be sarcastic on the course, but not usually very talkative. 

12. I am not adverse to teeing one up in the middle of a story (someone else's) if I think we need to keep up. 

13. I am slow walker.

14. I like cloudy/cool weather for golfing. 

15. I want to win, but am not really bothered or terribly competitive. 

16. I don't like playing scummy courses. 

17. I don't like to buy the first round if I lost the bet.

18. I have a disdain for big headed drivers and expensive equipment in general. 

19. I may openly question why a 15 capper has a sand wedge in his hand if not in a bunker.

20. I am critical (in the proper sense of the word) of courses.

21. I dislike folks saying "bad luck" when luck has nothing to do with it. 

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2011, 07:27:02 PM »
what do you do to bring attention to yourself on golfclubatlas.com attention whore syndrome?

Barney, I loved this topic as I read it, but I think Alex gotcha here... that was an LOL response that I'm sure even you as the object of it got a pretty big chuckle out of...

Alex also gets credit for quickness. Few things I enjoy more  than a properly placed quick witted quip at my expense.  Congrats.  
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 07:28:57 PM by John Kavanaugh »

Bill_McBride

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2011, 07:41:50 PM »
My golf bag has a club logo on it, it was given to me by the club.  Oooooops, I designed the golf course, shame on me!

Lester

Show off!

Pat Burke

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2011, 09:38:07 PM »
Do you bring your dog to the course?    Only the big dog
Do you click your irons while walking?   Walking? 
Do you wear the latest loudmouth type golfwear?  Dockers and freebies, nothing loud
Have you bought a R11 white driver?                   Don't buy much of anything.  4 generations old driver
Do you have your name or the name of your course or social networking site on your bag?    "camo" bag from wounded warriors tourney
Do you wear shorts when inappropriate?              Any time i wear shorts could be inappropriate
Do you wait until everyone in your group is watching to hit?   Often 2 shots in the air at same time when I play
Are your golf shoes more expensive than your work shoes?   Work and golf shoes are the same!
Do you yell when making a shot either good or bad?            Good/no     bad/define yell

Malcolm Mckinnon

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2011, 12:21:54 AM »
John,

You and Jean-Paul Sartre are soul buddies.

L'enfer c'est lest autres!

I purposely posted this in french to gain attention to myself and to also revel in my superiority of my expensive education. You see! Sartre is correct.

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2011, 02:56:19 AM »
You see! Sartre is correct.

He is; hell is other people.
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Doug Siebert

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2011, 04:11:45 AM »
  Hot Chick.My favorite.Having a hot chick meet you at the 18th green is a must when traveling.

Better to have the hot chick play with you.  Bonus points if she plays off the men's tees and hits a better drive than half the guys in the group waiting to tee off who are muttering to themselves "great, we have to play behind a chick"

I will plead guilty to enjoying that kind of attention when I had a hot girlfriend in the early 90s who could pop one out there about 240 when she got ahold of one.  The looks on the faces of the guys standing around waiting was priceless! ;D

One time we played 36 holes around a 9 holer and played through the same foursome 3 times.....was that attention whoring?
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Ben Kodadek

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2011, 07:24:38 AM »

I knew you'd get a kick out of that.  I was just repaying you for your generosity earlier in the day.  Little known fact about Dr. Gray, hands down one of the most generous people I've met in my life. 

I watched that one take shape.  Hope your tooth is better Jason.

Mac Plumart

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2011, 08:06:16 AM »
I saw some dude playing golf with lime green pants with hula girl pictures stiched into them.  I think this guy is the King, as far as this topic goes!!!  :)
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

John_Cullum

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2011, 10:29:50 AM »

Seems we have forgotten what a golf course is for  - To play Golf, not go cruising on a Sunday Night

Melvyn

I thought it was a place to walk dogs
"We finally beat Medicare. "

Mark_F

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2011, 04:03:53 PM »
"I think his point is that a guy wearing shorts in 45 degree weather is simply doing it for attention"

Ironically, that's how I feel about guys that wear pants when it's 80+.

No, we're just doing it to avoid skin cancer.

Pete Lavallee

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2011, 08:52:07 PM »
John,

You and Jean-Paul Sartre are soul buddies.

L'enfer c'est lest autres!

I purposely posted this in french to gain attention to myself and to also revel in my superiority of my expensive education. You see! Sartre is correct.

Oh dear, please don't send Barney to the translator again. :o

"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

Ben Kodadek

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2011, 05:23:44 AM »
I saw some dude playing golf with lime green pants with hula girl pictures stiched into them.  I think this guy is the King, as far as this topic goes!!!  :)

He shoots, he scores.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back