News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

PCCraig

Re: "Make the hole bigger"
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2011, 09:21:11 AM »
I think they should make the hole smaller!!! :)
H.P.S.

Adam Clayman

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2011, 09:22:16 AM »
Shaq's quote today is most germane to this topic and IMO, the ills that golf has suffered since the golden age. It still pervades the minds of the less sophisticated, again, IMO.

It is not the love of something easy which has drawn men like a magnet for hundreds of years to this royal and ancient pastime; on the contrary, it is the maddening difficulty of it.
ROBERT HUNTER
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Tim Martin

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2011, 09:30:40 AM »
How about playing the courses and tees that suit your ability. This past fall I was waiting for my son to finish a round at the muni in the town we live in. Two guys who I know were waiting to tee off on # 1 tee. One guy comes over to say hello and we chit chat a little about how we are playing. The guy says that he is getting to play more now that his kids are getting older. Right before he goes to the tee he tells me he still has not broken 90. He then goes to the back tee and hits a wild slice that almost hits somebody coming up the 18th fairway. What about golf makes this guy play from the blue tees instead of the white? Why is he even allowed to play from the back?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 09:32:29 AM by Tim Martin »

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2011, 09:40:55 AM »
"Make the hole bigger"

That's what she said!

A joke for a joke.
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2011, 09:53:36 AM »

Charlie

You did not finish your sentence  ‘ Make the Hole bigger’ …..“As long as you do not get an echo back” if so then over here we call it a bunker

Melvyn

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back