News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan_Callahan

The Prairie Club in the summer
« on: February 02, 2011, 11:13:41 AM »
Just saw the Prairie Clubs stay and play package for 2011, and it looks like a really good deal. Anyone know what the weather is like out there in the summer? I assume the best time to play is the fall, but I doubt I can get away then. I lived in Kansas for three years and remember August being exceedingly hot and windy. Is Valentine, NE, about the same?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Michael Dugger

Re: The Prairie Club in the summer
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 11:48:26 AM »
I was more intrigued by their recent announcement that a 3rd course might be going in.

What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

Dan_Callahan

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 12:17:10 PM »
I agree, that is pretty cool. But not having seen the other two or the Horse Course, I'm anxious to play what they've got.

Jason Hines

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 05:00:57 PM »
Hi Dan,

I played there last September around the middle of the month.  On Friday it was 70 degrees and perfect, on Saturday it was 38 and misty.   Obviously the 38 was not the norm, but definitely possible.

Jason

Adam Clayman

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 05:31:05 PM »
With the package deal I would recommend coming late May early June. That way, you can easily get in a zillion holes with light until about 10 pm.

The weather is usually perfect that time of year.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Scott Szabo

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 10:34:12 AM »
Dan,

I don't think you'll have near the humidity that you had in Kansas.  I have relatives that live about an hour from Prairie Dunes and it gets awful hot and humid in the summer. 
"So your man hit it into a fairway bunker, hit the wrong side of the green, and couldn't hit a hybrid off a sidehill lie to take advantage of his length? We apologize for testing him so thoroughly." - Tom Doak, 6/29/10

Chris Johnston

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 09:19:08 PM »
Just saw the Prairie Clubs stay and play package for 2011, and it looks like a really good deal. Anyone know what the weather is like out there in the summer? I assume the best time to play is the fall, but I doubt I can get away then. I lived in Kansas for three years and remember August being exceedingly hot and windy. Is Valentine, NE, about the same?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Early summer (mid May-mid July), 70's to 80's,  Occaisional and spectacular afternoon thunderstorms.
Late Summer (mid July-end of August), 80's to high 90's typically.
Fall 70's to 80's again.

The wind can blow anytime, sometime heavy.

Hope it helps.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back