News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Randy Thompson

I get teed off easily on Monday`s, so these two items are not settling well with me today. First, turn to the sports page and read in the headlines under the golf section, Tiger Woods finishes 44th or what ever in the Pga tour event. Bubba Watson wins and becasue I am in a Latin American country, surprizing Johnathan Vegas, a Venezuelan finishes third. No mention that Phil finishes second and then goes on to say Casey wins in the middle east on the European tour. I for one don`t care where Tiger finishes if he isn`t in the top three and this should hardly be worth the lead. Here is an idea, Tiger, concentrate on your golf game and leave architectural dollars to those more deserving and better qualified. Which leads me to point number two.
Did any of you see the European event this past weekend. Menttioned ten times Collin Montegomery as the Archie, interviews also. Then on the news on the golf channel afterwars it was mentioned more than ten times.The course look liked it played good and was a decent layout but its a shame to have to tie to a it a touring pro to market it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 05:56:07 AM by Randy Thompson »

Bill_McBride

Re: Its Monday, Two things that tee me off`, one OT and the other not!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 08:20:13 PM »
Feel better?

Randy Thompson

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 08:48:14 PM »
Bill,
not yet but in one hour and fifteen minutes it will be Tuesday and in seven hours and fifteen minutes I will be back on the sand pro pushing dirt and than I will feel much better, thank you!

Scott Warren

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 08:49:11 PM »
Did any of you see the European Tour, looked like another IMG project, lets install all the latest trends in modern day archtiecture. from, heavy movement in the fairways, big moving greens and funky bunker edges. Put a touring name pro on the project and spend lots of dollars. A sure fire winner to the ignorant public. In today`s society, unfortunatly good architects copy good and put a pro`s name on it and bad archtiects.. copy bad! The course look liked it played good and was a decent layout but you could of put at least ten touring pro`s name on it, they are all starting to look the same...

Wow, that's a pretty offensive and superficial attack on the architect and his course in my opinion.

Ian Poulter doesn't gost write for you (or you for him) by any chance?

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 08:50:08 PM »

See, I told you, it’s all down to carts and distance aids. It’s just all too easy. I blame the free radicals in the Governing Bodies.

And there are a lot of Free Radicals on a Monday Morning

Melvyn

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 11:06:48 PM »
Maybe this will help your therapy
Describe what you did creatively the last time you were on a sand pro - pictures too
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Jim Johnson

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 11:25:40 PM »
What bugs me when watching PGA telecasts is the amount of time the networks spend televising Tiger in his pre-shot routines, whether it's tossing blades of grass up in the air to judge the wind, or having another draw on that bottled water, or standing there glancing at the treetops to judge the wind, or lining up his putt from all 4 sides........

Ever notice that when Tiger is putting you'll always see his pre-putt routine? Anybody else putting, the network flips to the guy just as he strokes the putt. It's almost sad the amount of golf we DON'T see when Tiger's in the telecast.

And I'm not a Tiger hater. It's just got to the point that I'm almost cheering against the guy, to do bad, so that we'll see more of everybody else.

There. I feel better now.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back