News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

RJ_Daley

Re: I am typically not the jealous type but ..... (better size now)
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2011, 06:02:01 PM »
Geno, did you hit it off the deck and pick it clean as a hound's tooth?  Was the shot shaped on a draw or fade?  Or, did you hit a nicely arc'd straight drive?  You said the slight wind was out of the north, so was that helping and a factor?  Try as I may, I can't see the ball against the sky... so I'm thinking it was a high arc. 

I'm glad to hear the conditions were good and not adverse on this hole.  I just can't imagine the let down if a fellow got his big chance to play it on a day that the wind made it near impossible to play it like a dream. 
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Carl Nichols

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2011, 06:13:00 PM »
Best hole on the planet? 

Tim Martin

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2011, 07:32:23 PM »
Best hole on the planet? 

Certainly open for debate but like a tampax it may not be number one but its up there.

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2011, 11:33:05 PM »
Tee shot from the next hole...came up just a bit short of the green on a risky line:

"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Gene Greco

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2011, 03:35:54 PM »
Lou:

When we played together at Sand Hills I had a hard four-pack. Today, I sport a cushy one-pack.

RJ:

My host is a standout photographer but not quite in Aiden's league. But he has a super camera which captured one of the finest moments of my life. The photo is actually part of a sequence which shows top of my swing, pre impact, post impact, the finish and the ensuing exhultation. For sure his photo which Sweens posted will be found someplace in my office.

I hit the shot with a medium trajectory and a VERY SLIGHT draw which I'm not so sure was just due to the slightest of breezes out of the north, northwest or right to left. You will have to check with Mucci on exact direction and speed.

As far as the notion of hitting that shot off the deck is concerned, I don't know anyone whom given the rare privlege of playing Cypress Point, or more specifically the greatest hole in the world on what may be the greatest course of all, would NOT use a tee.

Evan F., Tim M., Jim C., Colin:

Much thanks.

Bogey:

The physique is a result of two solid months of watching football on the couch with Yuengling in hand. I'll send you the video.

My swing that day  I have no explanation for other than a 25 year muscle memory flashback. I was cracking it off the tee no matter the club and played the par 3s in (-1). In all a complete swing reversal of my usual lunge and tip over.

PPal:

Not a better human being, just luckier than Sweens was that day!

Carl:

Yes, in my mind, the best hole on the planet. I believe during past discussions Ran simply intervened stating there is not even a close second.

Kevin R:

Hysterical! A yellow shirt, too!
 Furthermore, I DID come up short off 17 on an aggressive line which, of course, was unintentional. :)

John M:

I had emailed these pics to a few people who rarely play golf (friends, patients, family) or who know how much I enjoy the game. Hence, it was I and not Sweens who set the scene if you will.

Mike Sweeney was very kind a few years back by allowing Neil Regan and I to join him at CP. However, the day we played was in total fog and a total paradox to the brilliant sunshine last Monday. So I thought I should uncharacteristically rub his nose in it.

Jonathan:

Yes, the Angel Cabrera likeness is a result of my winter workout routine described above to Bogey. Would you like a copy of the video as well??
"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

Tim Bert

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2011, 04:46:20 PM »
Don't feel bad about missing the putt. I missed my 10 footer on that hole too... Only mine was a bogey putt. I tend to prefer #15 because it is more appropriate for my skill level, but #16 has it's merits as well!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back