News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Young

these things are pretty good.....go to mygolfspy.com  and just view the ten they have listed....
for 35 bucks or less you have a pretty all round yardage and database tool..... ;)
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Paul Carey

Re: Have you seen the new iphone apps for golf course yardages and info
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 08:50:04 AM »
I am not a fan of these electronic aids but I seem to be in the minority these days.  However, since I love my iphone and the apps I have looked at them.  My concern is that before the end of the round the apps would have sapped all the phone's power. 

Over time I think they may be a threat to the skycaddies, etc.

Chris Holcombe

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 08:53:20 AM »
Anyone have experience with any of these? Good concept but would like to know how accurate they are with yardage, how much battery gets sucked down, etc. And, who is really going to use it to keep score??

Ian Andrew

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 11:46:34 AM »
I was walking with Mike's caddy at Riviera on Wednesday and he opened up his iphone and gave me a walk through on how it works. He could dial into a dozen courses around Riviera and everywhere we went he got yardages for front middle and back. It's pretty impressive

I'll never use it because if I can't find an immediate irrigation head - I just pick a yardage and play. I'm more interested in playing fast.

Bruce Wellmon

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 04:18:44 PM »
Anybody familar with an app that is like the Breakmaster (putting practice) device?

Doug Siebert

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 12:56:34 AM »
Anybody familar with an app that is like the Breakmaster (putting practice) device?

There are multiple apps that work as a carpenter's level  I have a free one called iHandy Level.  It is only single axis, ideally you'd get one that works in both axes at once, but even a single axis will confirm to you that your putt didn't really break uphill like it appeared :)
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Alex Miller

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 01:02:57 AM »
Anyone have experience with any of these? Good concept but would like to know how accurate they are with yardage, how much battery gets sucked down, etc. And, who is really going to use it to keep score??

The best one I've experienced is called Golf GPS Free. It's free (obviously) and is accurate to within 1-2 yards. It displays the yardage on a google map satellite picture with point-to-point measuring overlays. While many on here don't like GPS devices, this one is easy to use and on poorly marked courses it definitely speeds up play.

I don't keep score with it (full price version and really?) and it has multiple power usage settings, with the middle one draining about 45% of the battery over a typical round.

D_Malley

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 12:25:38 PM »
it is probably just a matter of time until golf carts are equipped with power outlets like we have in our cars

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back