News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Phil_the_Author

J-Drain drainage products
« on: January 11, 2011, 03:57:32 PM »
I was wondering if anyone out here has used any of the drainage products from J-Drain and, if so, what you think of them, good and/or bad?

Phil_the_Author

Re: J-Drain drainage products
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 01:37:23 AM »
Bump... seeking any feedback...

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 09:12:09 AM »
Haven't used J-Drain
What is your application and what product?
Cheers
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Phil_the_Author

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 11:10:28 AM »
Hi Mike,

I actually don't have any application. I met several of their executives yesterday while we were standing in line at a supermarket getting supplies to ride out the great Atlanta blizzard and ice storm of 2011. The conversation led to golf and what they do and I ended up looking up their company on their website.

Their informations states, "We are a leading manufacturer of Geonets, Geocomposites, Sub-Surface Drainage Composites, Sheet-Drains, Strip-Drains for residential and commercial applications. JDR also manufactures Rock Shield for Pipeline Construction..."

Among the "applications" for their products are drainage systems for golf courses. This is what they claim:

J-DRain MVP provides a simple solution to the many complex drainage problems that occur on golf courses. The narrow cross-section allows for J-Drain MVP to be installed without significantly disrupting the natural turf (see below). In many cases the playing area can be returned to play the same day. This provides an excellent method for installing drainage in greens, fairways, tees and bunkers. Trenches should be dug perpendicular to slope so that they intercept surface run-off as well as drain water from the turf and root zone.

The primary benefits of J-DRain MVP for golf course drainage:
> The volume of water and the length of the time standing water is on the field is reduced.
> The turf has more favorable growing conditions because the roots do not remain saturated for an extended period of time.
> The turf becomes healthier and more resistant to damage from athletic activities, disease and weather.
> Athletic activities may be resumed after a shorter period of time without fear of damaging the turf.

J-DRain MVP is a composite turf drainage system consisting of a 3-dimensional, high flow, drainage core and a grey, spun-bonded filter fabric. The filter fabric is wrapped and bonded to the drainage core, preventing intrusion of the filter fabric into the flow channels during the backfilling process. Soil particles are held back by the filter fabric and water passes through to the drainage core allowing water to be collected and conveyed to the discharge point.

I believe that they are a relatively new company and may have a good product. As drainage is a huge issue for golf courses, any new product that might be of value certainly needs looking into. Hence, I asked whether anyone had heard of or used them.

If anyone is interested, and I have no monetary interest in the company whatsoever, just a curiosity about them, you can see their product line and its applications for golf courses on their website at: www.j-drain.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back