News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rob_Waldron

Winter Golf Weekend in Mississippi
« on: January 03, 2011, 09:12:57 AM »
I am considering taking my Dad on a long golf weekend this weekend. He enjoys a little gaming along with his golf. I was thinking about flying Southwest (The Golfer's Airline) into New Orleans and then making the one hour drive to Beau Rivage Resort and Fazio's Fallen Oak GC. Are ther any other courses nearby? How is the weather in mid January or late February? Any other suggestions. Thanks for any assistance.

Bill_McBride

Re: Winter Golf Weekend in Mississippi
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 09:22:06 AM »
I am considering taking my Dad on a long golf weekend this weekend. He enjoys a little gaming along with his golf. I was thinking about flying Southwest (The Golfer's Airline) into New Orleans and then making the one hour drive to Beau Rivage Resort and Fazio's Fallen Oak GC. Are ther any other courses nearby? How is the weather in mid January or late February? Any other suggestions. Thanks for any assistance.

Rob, three other good courses there are Shell Landing (Love), Grand Bear (very good Nicklaus), and The Preserve (Jerry Pate).  These are within 30 minutes and cost less than Fallen Oak, which I haven't played but hear good things about. Beau Rivage is the class of the hotels and gets you on Fallen Oak.

Barring a winter storm, the weather should be okay; those courses are all pretty close to the Gulf.

Joel Zuckerman

Re: Winter Golf Weekend in Mississippi
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 12:32:46 PM »
I highly recommend Fallen Oak if you can swing the green fee.  The Preserve is also very nice...I played it once, and Fallen Oak three times, about 6-7 weeks ago.  Here's a story on the whole experience, if it's of interest to you:

http://www.cybergolf.com/golf_news/biloxi_beau_rivage_fallen_oak

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back