News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ran Morrissett

Feature Interview with Mike Morrison is posted
« on: December 04, 2010, 07:08:12 PM »
Depending on where you live and who you know, the two most asked questions of GolfClubAtlas.com this year have been:

1.) 2010 is the first year since they have been keeping records that Pat Mucci has gone down in flames to the same person TWICE in a single year. How do you, One of Golf's Most Beloved Figures,  account for you dominant performance, especially on Pat's own home course? After all, you once could only beat him with hickories (i.e you could only beat him with clubs that were on average ninety years old)?

2) You have stomped on him so much this year, do you consider Joe Andriole as more of a door mat or as a person?

For those that have seen my swing (an early snatch to the inside followed by a desperate heave to the top and an outside-in motion on the way down, frequently with the clubface dreadfully shut), there can be no explanation other than superior equipment. From Muira irons to a Scratch wedge to two clubs from Izett Golf, my two little chickens had little to do but stand by for the slaughter.

Given how the implements of the game have a direct bearing on golf course architecture and determine what does/doesn't provide challenge, a Feature Interview on equipment seemed like a good idea to Ben and me. We turned to Mike Morrison who is a partner in Izett Golf in Ardmore, PA. No less an honest person than Bart Bradley will attest to the fact that Izett's 60 degree wedge was the single source for his loss to me at the nearby West Course at Merion in July this year.

Equipment matters and the neat thing about golf is that you are free to make up your own set. One day it might be hickories, the next day it might be steels with a three iron included so that I can chip out from under pine trees :-[, and the next it might include three wedges for getting up and down around some push-up greens.

In this Feature Interview, we walk through changes to equipment and tie that in to how courses play. This is not meant to be an info-mercial for Izett Golf (no discounted anything was exchanged) but rather we are tapping into a very kind man's immense knowledge on equipment. The fact that he shares it so freely and took the time to expound on his answers makes for a highly educational read.

Now, have I let the cat out of the bag? Surely, Pat and Joe will be on the phone to Mike begging for the state secrets behind my 2010 victories? Perhaps, but golf has always been a game made up by gentlemen for gentlemen and this is my way of spreading a little Christmas cheer to two otherwise grumpy old men.

Happy Holidays and enjoy!

Tim Martin

Re: Feature Interview with Mike Morrison is posted
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 09:30:21 PM »
Ran- A really interesting interview. I think the one theme that comes through is that regardless of the quality of the components the fitting process is the key and that performance is not optimized without it. Regardless of the amount of research and information in the market place that the 11 and 12 degree drivers will deliver better launch ,trajectory, and distance for most players the guy off the street feels he is sacrificing something. Back in the day with persimmon headed drivers pros had them set up with 6 and 7 degree lofts and the average player couldn`t get them airborne but still felt that they were sacrificing something at 9 or 10 degrees. Its funny that for a certain segment of the golfing population that macho element works against them regardless of the huge advances in technology.

Patrick_Mucci

Re: Feature Interview with Mike Morrison is posted
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 09:01:27 PM »
Ran,

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

2010 was an aberation in the golf world, yours and mine, so enjoy it while it lasts for another 22 days.

2011 will return the golf world, yours and mine, to normalcy.

I enjoyed the interview with Mike Morrison.
Clubfitting has to benefit any and all serious golfers irrespective of their handicap.

I await our visit to Florida in Jan/Feb 2011.

In fact, I've alreaady bundled my anticipated Ran Morrissett winnings, securitized them and marketed them worldwide.
The demand is insatiable.  Golfers from across the globe are clamoring to invest.
This may be better than Madoff since I've sold the same product to 137,469 golfers who know you or know about your golf game.  ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back