News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Blake

golf course aerials
« on: November 29, 2010, 08:29:19 PM »
This article/ad came in today's daily World Golf Wire and I thought many of you would be interested in it.
Maybe treat yourself to a holiday gift.

...and sorry if this site has been 'discussed' before.  I didn't go back and search the last 10 pages to see if it's old news.

www.premieraerials.com

Premier Aerials' new Web site offering a 10-percent discount on golf prints, just in time for the holidays

DENVER -- Premier Aerials is a leader in aerial photography of golf courses and resorts. With more than 1,400 courses photographed they have launched their new website www.premieraerials.com, just in time for the 2010 holiday season.
"Our site used to be just a resource for the courses. By making all of our golf course images available on-line we are reaching everyone that is looking for great golf aerials. Whether it is someone looking for a photo of their course or someone that wants something to commemorate a spectacular hole-in-one they got, we have it on our site," said Braden Hanson, president of Premier Aerials.
Premier Aerials also is working with each course to help market the courses' images for course tours on the courses' Web sites.
When ordering a golf print from www.premieraerials.com, everyone can receive a 10-percent discount at checkout by entering the code: Aerials. This will be valid through Dec. 31, 2010.
About Premier Aerials
Premier Aerials specializes in aerial photography of golf courses and resorts. From high resolution aerials, ground photography and HD video fly-throughs. Shoots typically include overviews, clubhouse and all 18 holes shot individually. Photos are expertly retouched and color corrected to make every course and photo look perfect. For more information, questions or special orders, contact Premier Aerials at 877-254-9762 or visit www.premieraerials.com
Braden Hanson, Premier Aerials
877-254-9762 / braden@premieraerials.com

« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 08:37:11 PM by Michael Blake »

TEPaul

Re: golf course aerials
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 09:12:02 PM »
Michael:

The real value of aerial photography of golf courses is not today's aerials but the comparision of today's aerials to the aerials of old golf courses 60, 70, 80 and 90 years ago.

The point is no one really looked at those old aerials very carefully until about 10 and not more than 20 years ago. Looking at a 75 year old aerial of my golf course about 15 years ago is actually what got me into my interest in golf course architecture and its history.

And then of course there is the inherent drawback of aerial photography of golf course architecture that originally even some architects didn't pick up on at first. That is if restoration is the goal aerials of golf architecture is just great for length and width analysis of architecture but it is terrible for an analysis of the vertical dimension-----eg height!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 09:16:43 PM by TEPaul »

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 09:26:20 PM »
Tom,
These are fascinating to me - for the first time, I've see aerials of my 2003-built golf course. 

I'm seeing things I haven't imagined, and it's all good.  Kudos to Premier Aerials for a unique and exciting product.

Quite a nice Christmas gift :)   Write me if you need my address! 

TEPaul

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 09:34:52 PM »
"Tom,
These are fascinating to me - for the first time, I've see aerials of my 2003-built golf course."

Dan:

Imagine how I felt when I first saw an aerial of my golf course from about 1924! Before that I don't remember if I'd even bothered to look at an aerial of a golf course. It changed my life.

I'll tell you one thing, Dan----you give some of those old courses a ten year stagger in aerial comparison like from the 1920s to the 1930s or the '40s to the '50s, you just cannot believe how much some things shrink, particularly bunkers!

On the other hand, you just can't believe how much some other things grow---like trees!

« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 09:39:52 PM by TEPaul »

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 03:23:57 AM »
The real value of aerial photography of golf courses is not today's aerials but the comparision of today's aerials to the aerials of old golf courses 60, 70, 80 and 90 years ago.

Tom, it sounds like you are talking purely from a golf course history point of view...

To current day golf course architects, modern services like this one above can be invaluable...

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 08:49:26 AM »
Tom,
These are fascinating to me - for the first time, I've see aerials of my 2003-built golf course. 

Dan,

That's not exactly true.  In this thread from late '03, Eric Pevoto posted a terrific (large and detailed) aerial of FC and you replied in the thread.  Too bad the pic isn't still available.

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,7273.0/

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back