News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sam Morrow

Re: Whispering Pines Golf Club, Trinity TX
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2010, 10:47:15 PM »
tell him to lay up on 18,take his 73 and enjoy.It is a fun and scenic place.

He wouldn't shoot 73 if he skipped 16, 17 and 18!

Especially not the way you and Sam are putting it down!

Tell him to go play Waterwood. ;D

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2010, 12:01:57 AM »
Sam I forget unless I am looking at a score card. However I agree with you guys 18 is a poor hole from a design view point. It is a strong finishing hole though. There are 4 or 5 more I feel that way about. Again this is a very good course.  Bill I would have your friend go there in a heartbeat. I would join him if I was in Houston this week.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 01:15:48 PM by Tiger_Bernhardt »

Lou_Duran

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2010, 01:09:45 PM »
Again this is a very good course.  Bill I would have your friend go there in a heartbeat. I would join him if I was in Houston this week.

Yes, but would you drive 3-4 hours just to play it? (or whatever the Doak test is.)

As others have noted, Austin GC and the subject are very different courses.  The former is much more of a club course, with a neat routing, and interesting but manageable green complexes.  The latter is more masculine, designed around drainage areas with a modern routing, and more taxing on and around the greens (specially when they're firm and fast).  I suspect that WP is a course held in higher esteem by those who place considerable value on resistance to scoring, while AGC would be favored by golfers prefering more of a "walk in the park".

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2010, 01:17:28 PM »
Nicely put Lou. And yes I would drive that far to play there and have done so.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back