News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim Colton

GCA Veterans
« on: November 11, 2010, 04:21:58 PM »
How about a roll call of GCA Veterans.  Stand-up and be counted!  To those who have and are currently serving our nation, a sincere thank you!

PThomas

Re: GCA Veterans
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 04:31:34 PM »
Jim, a nice thought, thanks...but I wonder if some/many/all of them may choose to keep this private, as many vets do not like to talk about their service...my dad certainly didnt.....i think a lot of times the memories are so awful......i would also guess that many of them are modest about their brave duties...

one example:  in James Dodson's book "Final rounds", at one point his dad does talk about WWII, telling his son about the time a school in Europe near his base got bombed, killing many of the children...the father wept while telling James that story, one of the few if only time he cried , if i remember correctly

war truly is hell...i wonder if we will ever be able to live without it on this planet

199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

John Mayhugh

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 04:34:30 PM »
I agree, Jim.

David_Elvins

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 04:44:54 PM »
nations   :)

agreed.
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Kris Shreiner

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 09:21:51 PM »
To all veterans,

Near and far. Thank you for your sacrifice and service!

My pop is a WWll vet...thanks DAD!

Warm regards,
Kris 8)
"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back