News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Royer

Define a Principal's Nose
« on: November 11, 2010, 04:53:36 PM »
I'm a member at Brookside Golf and Country Club. The course was built in 1927.  The architect was Charles Lormes.  It is located in Columbus, Ohio.  We host the U.S. Open sectional the day after the conclusion of the Jack's tournament.  We are in the process of replacing the sod around bunkers and greens where the bent has inflitrated. On two holes we have elongated bunkers placed about thirty to forty yards short of the greens on the left side of the fairways. Each hole is a par four ranging from 460 to 480 from the back tees.  When I was playing today I was wondering if there is definition for this type of bunker. The bunkers are are elongated to about 15-20 yards (left to right), 10-20 feet in depth (back to front) with a medium face.  I will try to post pictures tomorrow. Thanks for your reflections.     

Tim Martin

Re: Define a Principal's Nose
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 05:15:55 PM »
David- I believe there needs to be some sort of mound between the two bunkers to be deemed a principal`s nose. 

Bill_McBride

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 05:26:46 PM »
The Principal's Nose is typically a center line complex of bunkers.

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 05:44:28 PM »

David Royer

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 08:10:02 PM »
Melvyn, I think I've got it.  The problem is after watching the video I'm seasick!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back