News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark_F

Re: Australian Masters
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2010, 04:13:46 AM »
Some good photos from Mark Ferguson in here:

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,39041.0/

Thanks, Shane. :)

Did you go to the Masters this week at all?

RichMacafee

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2010, 05:04:44 AM »
Mike,

I didn't get out there this week, but the 7th looked amazing on the TV coverage. I'm planning on going past for a look this week on the way to the Heath. Hopefully it looks as good from the ground, which I'm sure it does.
"The uglier a man's legs are, the better he plays golf. It's almost law" H.G.Wells.

Mike_Clayton

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2010, 12:25:28 PM »
Rich,
7 is the best example in Melbourne of what happens when you remove the invasive tea-tree and let the old indigenous heathland plants come out of the ground. The back of 12 and 14 at Peninsula North is another and there is a lesson there for other sandbelt courses.
I think people have come to revere tea-tree when it is a ffringe coastal plant (500 - 1000 meters) that invaded further inland and smothered our courses.

Bill Gayne

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2010, 12:49:59 PM »
Anybody know why Adam Scott is playing the Singapore event and opted out of the Australian Masters?

Thanks

Mike_Clayton

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2010, 01:08:28 PM »
Money- and he has won it twice.

PCCraig

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2010, 01:59:43 PM »
How about Tiger....-6 through his last six is some solid golf!

Not to mention he looks to be putting with a mallet putter now?

I agree with those above. The course looks fantastic and it sure seemed to be playing very firm and fast.
H.P.S.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2010, 03:05:05 PM »
TD, I can understand the idea of wind blowing the bunkers in erosion and loosing lips crumbling more into the greens.  But yet, in 12 years at Wild Horse on the closest design style of bunkers abbuting greens, #15, as far as I know - they haven't lost green surface.  Ditto #8 greenside b at Sand Hills.  But then, I am not there to see the yearly progression of any preventative measures that the supers may have to do.

I'd go with soil and roots of couch-bermuda as a bigger factor, off top of my head.  Also, as explained by Mr Clayts, wind isn't so much of a rare ocurrence in their area.

I wonder if Mike Nuzzo's Wolf Point may be one of the most conducive sites to emulate OZ bunkers?
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Andrew Thomson

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2010, 07:11:12 AM »
Anybody know why Adam Scott is playing the Singapore event and opted out of the Australian Masters?

Thanks

They didn't clash previously, Scott has always played both.  The masters moved their dates, and he stuck with the Singapore Open.

Probably fair enough, he didn't create the clash

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2010, 07:29:24 AM »
This must be the first time Tiger has used a mallet or face balanced putter? The end of TW as we know it!
@theflatsticker

Andrew Thomson

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2010, 07:50:52 AM »
This must be the first time Tiger has used a mallet or face balanced putter? The end of TW as we know it!

He used it previously, then returned to the Scotty for the first 3 rounds of the Masters.

I'd say the Nike will be in the bag next time he tees off though....

TEPaul

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2010, 08:43:54 AM »
Forget the putter----I just don't get Tiger. He's been the best golfer in the Universe for about fifteen years and during that time he's felt the need to rebuild his swing what----2 or 3 times during those years?!? But he did allow after his fine finish yesterday that he thinks he's getting closer and a bit more practice time should do it!  ???

My prediction is that when Tiger shows up next at a tournament completely clean-shaven he will probably be ready to go on another of his awesome dominant winning streak rolls again!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back