News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark_Rowlinson

Some English and Welsh NLEs - pictures
« on: November 11, 2010, 11:34:10 AM »
Some English and Welsh NLEs

All I know about Colwyn Bay is that it was on high ground above what is now Colwyn Bay Zoo. These days it is a housing estate and if you put St Andrews Road, Colwyn Bay into Google Earth you have located it. I think there might be a Wentworth Road, too. The views must have been magnificent – over the sea, coastline and into Snowdonia.

Old Colwyn is further east, above Old Colwyn. It was, apparently, 18 holes. Now it is only 9. I have played it and it is quite fun in an eccentric sort of way. The first time I played it was with my father. As he was unloading his golf bag a ball fell out of an unzipped pocket. He tried to stop it with his foot, but missed. It shot off down the hill from the car park into the street and very probably continued to accelerate until it sped into the sea.

Mark_Rowlinson

Re: Some English and Welsh NLEs - pictures
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 01:45:10 PM »

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 02:51:56 PM »
London's novel links, great find.  This area was the grounds of a private house until WW11 bomb damgae led to it being sold to the council in the 1950's and a public park being created.

I can't help but feel golf has lost someof its panache.   THis is one of londons most desirable addreses and if it still existed today would be overlookd by Michael Winner and Jimmy Page.
Let's make GCA grate again!

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 04:56:41 PM »
Royal IoW GC I'd never heard of it, any other NLE Royals??
Cave Nil Vino

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 05:32:23 AM »
Mark, Yes, Royal Cornwall at Bodmin.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back