News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

PThomas

guesses?

and Daniel's book is quite interesting, i might add...
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

John Kavanaugh

I don't have my copy in front of me but if Daniel is going outside the box with praise the course must be in Florida. Any insight into why Wexler loves Florida?

Steve_ Shaffer

A wild guess: Pine Barrens?
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

mark chalfant

Is it Forest Creek, Victoria, or  Galloway National ?

Ronald Montesano

Must be Atyunyote!
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Joel_Stewart

Shadow Creek and probably Victoria National.  Wade Hampton would be another guess.

I think Fazio was pretty proud of Gozzer Ranch in Idaho which he said was the toughest site he worked on.  Martis Camp might be on the list and possibly the 36 holes at Vintage Club.

PThomas

no correct yet...

Robert Emmons

Frederica or Diamond Creek.....

Adam Clayman

Judging from some of the opinions expressed in DW's recent book, I'll guess Madison Club.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

PThomas

no one yet...although some of the guesses may very/probably are in the author's top 5...

John Mayhugh

Black Diamond Ranch Quarry course.  I would like to see it sometime just for those amazing looking quarry holes.

PThomas

Black Diamond Ranch Quarry course.  I would like to see it sometime just for those amazing looking quarry holes.

we have a winner!

whenever i think of those holes, John, i think of a great line  Brad Klein wrote about them..something like a "a vast pit where dinosaurs once roamed!"

PCCraig

we have a winner!

whenever i think of those holes, John, i think of a great line  Brad Klein wrote about them..something like a "a vast pit where dinosaurs once roamed!"

I saw that as well and was surprised that he thought so highly of the course, especially outside the quarry holes.

I really enjoyed his book for the light reading and to see which were included and which weren't. But I really wish he and his contributors were a little more honest in their assessments of each course, club, and memberships a la Confidential Guide. That would of been much more entertaining IMO.
H.P.S.

John Kavanaugh

Pretty lame that I get no credit for nailing that this was a Florida course simply based on the tone of Paul's question and Daniel's love of all things Floridian.  I believe Daniel was perfectly honest in his opinions and would love to hear evidence otherwise.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back