News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matthew Sander

Re: 2nd Annual Midwest Mashie - May 21-22nd
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2010, 09:36:38 AM »
George and Pat,

I'm in...thanks...

Matt
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 10:31:07 AM by Matthew Sander »

Jeff Shelman

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2010, 09:50:39 AM »
I have gone from tentative to IN.

Chris Shaida

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2010, 10:20:07 AM »
If there is still room I am IN.  Otherwise, put me on the wait list.

PCCraig

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2010, 11:48:58 AM »
Bump. :)
H.P.S.

jonathan_becker

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2010, 12:42:01 PM »
Thanks for putting this together.  More than likely, I'm in.

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2010, 01:30:58 PM »
Count me in. Happy to coordinate a carpool from MN/Twin Cities, share lodging, and also play Sat. morn/Sun Afternoon as well.

Also George if you think it helps I am happy to update the Midwest Mashie site as well with the new info.
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Ted Cahill

« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2010, 06:08:48 PM »
George- Please put me down as confirmed.  I'll look out for info on how to pay and offically register. 

Made my plane reservations- I'm going to stay a few days after- I'm up for rounds at Kohler and/or Erin Hills after the tournament...
“Bandon Dunes is like Chamonix for skiers or the
North Shore of Oahu for surfers,” Rogers said. “It is
where those who really care end up.”

PCCraig

« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2010, 12:29:57 PM »
Bump for the weekend...  8)
H.P.S.

Mark Smolens

« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2010, 09:23:27 AM »
Out of town last week and no computer -- tho lunch and golf at Indian Creek made up for that deficiency. In if there are still spots available (hard to count while going through the thread, but looks like there's enough room for my sorry game).

PCCraig

« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2010, 07:16:16 PM »
Bump! :D
H.P.S.

George Freeman

« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2010, 04:46:35 PM »
Per Pat Craig, Andy Ryall is in!
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Patrick Kiser

« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2010, 09:29:44 PM »
Mighty tempting to see some Langford/Moreau and more GCAers...

What is the recommended airport to fly in for this?  Chicago?  Milwaukee?  Minneapolis?

“One natural hazard, however, which is more
or less of a nuisance, is water. Water hazards
absolutely prohibit the recovery shot, perhaps
the best shot in the game.” —William Flynn, golf
course architect

Phil McDade

« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2010, 09:53:36 PM »
Patrick:

Milwaukee. Even thought it's on the south side of the city, there is easy access to the interstate from the Milwkee airport and it's about 90 minutes-2 hours tops to Lawsonia. Add an hour if you do O'Hare. It's 3 hours minimum from the Twin Cities airport.

Madison is even better. It's a nifty little airport, a shorter trip than from Milwaukee, and there are direct flights from some major cities -- Detroit, Denver, Cincy.

IM me if you need more details (I live in Madison) -- I'm headed to MMashie, and can help with some logistics if you need.

PCCraig

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2010, 10:14:49 AM »
Mighty tempting to see some Langford/Moreau and more GCAers...

What is the recommended airport to fly in for this?  Chicago?  Milwaukee?  Minneapolis?

Patrick:

I hope you can make it!

Phil is pretty much right on. In my experience it's no longer than 90 min from Milwaukee to Green Lake. Plus, there are quite a few really good courses in the area that you could add on to the Saturday Afternoon / Sunday Morning Mashie. For example: Erin Hills, Brown Deer Park, WS and Blackwolf Run in Kohler on the public side, and Milwaukee CC and Blue Mound CC on the private side. 
H.P.S.

Patrick Kiser

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2010, 01:11:10 PM »
What do you know...  A direct redeye from SFO at 11:40pm on Friday night to MKE with a Sunday night return flight departing at 9:30pm on Frontier.

In...
“One natural hazard, however, which is more
or less of a nuisance, is water. Water hazards
absolutely prohibit the recovery shot, perhaps
the best shot in the game.” —William Flynn, golf
course architect

George Freeman

« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2010, 01:55:16 PM »
Eric Smith is in
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2010, 09:35:54 PM »
How about a tally, George, for each team?  That way, those who might still be interested can determine if there is a need to plead with spouses, bosses or pets.

Ron M.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

PCCraig

« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2010, 10:30:43 PM »
What do you know...  A direct redeye from SFO at 11:40pm on Friday night to MKE with a Sunday night return flight departing at 9:30pm on Frontier.

In...

Perfect!

H.P.S.

Ben Kodadek

« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2010, 09:38:53 AM »
IN.  Looking forward to it.  I'll likely be in the Chicago area on the front end (Thurs/Fri) so if anyone is interested in meeting up for a game, let me know.

Thanks,

Ben

Brad Tufts

« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2010, 03:28:29 PM »
Hey all...what is the actual driving time from Erin Hills to Lawsonia?

Is 36 on Sat. doable with a very early time at EH?

Google Maps says 1h, 40m, but I have found them to vastly overestimate sometimes...

Thanks!
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Phil McDade

« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2010, 03:40:08 PM »
Brad:

You should be able to do Erin Hills to Lawsonia in about an hour, maybe 75 minutes tops. Not  less than that, but really not much more. (If you have a map, quickest way from EHills is go north to Hartford -- about three miles -- then Hhwy 60 east to Highwy 41 north (which is four-lane, 65 mph) to Hghway 23 west at Fond du Lac. The entrance to Lawsonia is directly off Hghwy 23. Go through Ripon and skip past Green Lake, and you are there.)

One warning about Erin Hills -- it is not a quick walk. I seem to recall your fondness for rugged walks, as I know you have some of those in New England, but Erin Hills is very tough to get around in less than four hours. A lot of it has to do with fairly long green-to-tee walks.

Brad Tufts

« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2010, 03:57:58 PM »
Cool, thanks Phil.  I've had my fair share of long walks in college...but I can see what you mean.

Might try to make it work anyways...perhaps stay near there Friday night too or something.
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

PCCraig

« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2010, 04:08:46 PM »
Brad:

One warning about Erin Hills -- it is not a quick walk. I seem to recall your fondness for rugged walks, as I know you have some of those in New England, but Erin Hills is very tough to get around in less than four hours. A lot of it has to do with fairly long green-to-tee walks.

Brad:

Just my two cents. Count on a 5 hour round at Erin Hills. Our group didn't wait for a shot all day, nor did we see anyone behind us, and we played in 5.5 hours on a Saturday morning teeing off at 9am. It's doable but I would just make sure you give yourself plenty of time.

Also, not sure if you have seen any of the courses there yet, but Kohler is only 45 min, tops, due east of Green Lake.
H.P.S.

Andrew Lewis

« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2010, 04:51:53 PM »
Brad -

In case you didn't already know, EH offers dormy-style lodging on site that could help your trip logistics.  But be sure to watch the late May forecast closely...per a chat with the head of operations last fall, their opening date is relatively late and driven by the weather.

Best, Andrew

Cool, thanks Phil.  I've had my fair share of long walks in college...but I can see what you mean.

Might try to make it work anyways...perhaps stay near there Friday night too or something.

Phil McDade

« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2010, 05:49:58 PM »
Brad -

In case you didn't already know, EH offers dormy-style lodging on site that could help your trip logistics.  But be sure to watch the late May forecast closely...per a chat with the head of operations last fall, their opening date is relatively late and driven by the weather.

Best, Andrew

Late May is well into the golf season here in Wisconsin -- any course that waits until then to open around here is asking to close. My guess -- pure speculation, but it would make sense -- is that EHills will want to get some amount of consistent paying customers before they have to close the course for the US Am in late summer.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back