News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Whitaker

Re: Buda IX - Open for business
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 11:50:09 PM »
Bill - Tell me what you want and I'll set it up for you. As you know, the dormy flat has four bedrooms (six beds) and three showers... plus the locker room is available in a rush. The cost is 45GBP per person per night.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2010, 03:39:55 AM »
Bill - the Dormy House shouldn't be an issue and Mike can pre-book it now.

Will look at reserving four tee times from 1030 we can always add or subtract subject to demand.
Cave Nil Vino

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2010, 10:45:25 AM »
Is there a way to play Hankley Common on one of the days before the BUDA? Seeing that we might play foursomes only, it would be nice to get in a complete round as well.

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Bill_McBride

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2010, 06:34:04 PM »
Bill - Tell me what you want and I'll set it up for you. As you know, the dormy flat has four bedrooms (six beds) and three showers... plus the locker room is available in a rush. The cost is 45GBP per person per night.

Should wait for now, too many options. I'd love to play Woking and New Zealand and they are easy to reach from a hotel in Pareham.

Craig Disher

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2010, 08:11:06 PM »
Bump

Sean_A

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2010, 05:54:14 AM »
Craig

Put me down as interested in post Buda golf.  I would also like to know when the doors open for business for guys not playing all three days.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Chechesee Creek & Old Barnwell

Craig Disher

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2010, 09:30:56 AM »
Craig

Put me down as interested in post Buda golf.  I would also like to know when the doors open for business for guys not playing all three days.

Ciao

Sean,
 Interest noted.  If you look at the registration sheet what we're aiming for is each day's column to have 24 x's with the x's coming from those who have paid a deposit. If we don't fill all 24 slots with depositers, we'll fill in as we can from local members or others who would like to show up for just a day or a round. The door is open for one-day players but I have to say that if we have 24 players who want to play 3 days and send a deposit, they will have precedence. But you probably remember that in all previous Budas we've had open slots and I'm sure 2011 will be the same.

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2010, 10:48:53 AM »
If you want weekend golf Royal Ashdown accepts Saturday and Sunday visitors.

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2010, 11:37:48 AM »
Great idea, anyone up for a Saturday morning round post-BUDA?

Ulrich

Lynn_Shackelford

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2010, 05:52:11 PM »
Royal Ashdown looks impressive.  I am interested as I assume other courses may be difficult to access on Saturday?
It must be kept in mind that the elusive charm of the game suffers as soon as any successful method of standardization is allowed to creep in.  A golf course should never pretend to be, nor is intended to be, an infallible tribunal.
               Tom Simpson

Craig Disher

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2011, 09:28:57 AM »
Bi-monthly bump.

Bob Jenkins

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2011, 03:13:58 PM »

Craig,

I assume you received my deposit?  Looking at the spread sheet, I am open to play on all of the times on September 28-30.  As I am still trying to sort out my flight, I cannot confirm before and after golf yet but hope to do so this week. I expect to be looking for golf pre-Buda at the least and Royal Ashdown sounds great.

I will be in touch soon. Thanks again.

Bob

John Mayhugh

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2011, 03:24:36 PM »
Looking like I won't make it this year.  I have the trip is to Australia next month, and not sure I can do both.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2011, 06:18:55 PM »
Looking like I won't make it this year.  I have the trip is to Australia next month, and not sure I can do both.

You can do both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2011, 07:13:08 PM »
I'm open to pre and post Buda golf as well. If there's a pre-Buda Sunday thing at RCP or thereabouts, I'd be all over it, as I expect to poke my head out of the channel tunnel right about then ;-)

Ulrich

Bill_McBride

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2011, 09:26:20 PM »
Freely admitting that I am a Royal Cinque Ports whore, I am wondering about the following agenda......

Fly Friday

Arrive GTW Saturday am, drive to Deal, RCP pm round

Sunday x2 at RCP

Monday drive to Woking (or New Zealand)' play pm round

Tuesday the other

Wednesday-Friday, Buda Cup

Saturday, fly home

+++++

I suspect Laura would approve!

Jason Topp

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2011, 09:29:56 PM »
I'm going to Dixie this year so the Americans will have to take their lumps without me helping the cause.  Have fun and play drink well!

ward peyronnin

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2011, 11:48:14 PM »
Gentlemen

I am in to the best of my ability

I do not crave special treatment but would the powers that be consider rescheduling to the weeknd of the 17/18/19?

I Will be at the Walker Cup and could extend that tour and justify a three week absence ; can't do hang out for four weeks until the current date and I will really have to hit a home run to make a return trip that soon ( not to mention withstand the sexual healing suggested to thwart jet lag so closely spaced)

I appreciate your indulgence and consideration

Far and Sure
Ward Peyronnin
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Bill_McBride

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2011, 11:58:04 PM »
Freely admitting that I am a Royal Cinque Ports whore, I am wondering about the following agenda......

Fly Friday

Arrive GTW Saturday am, drive to Deal, RCP pm round

Sunday x2 at RCP

Monday drive to Woking (or New Zealand)' play pm round

Tuesday the other

Wednesday-Friday, Buda Cup

Saturday, fly home

+++++

I suspect Laura would approve!

Can I get an "amen?"

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2011, 05:00:00 PM »
"Mr McBride is always welcome xx"
Cave Nil Vino

James Boon

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2011, 03:45:30 AM »

John,

A shame that you (and Jason also) wont be with us this year, though I'm looking forward to hearing all about everyones get together in Oz for the Boomerang! Lets hope you can make it over here next year!

And its good to hear that Che Wardo and the Throbbing Pants will be hopefully headlining ;)

September seems a long way away at the moment...

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2011, 06:19:40 AM »
Put me down as very keen.  Also like to have a knock around Hindhead either before or after if anyone is interested.
2024: Royal St. David's; Mill Ride; Milford; Notts; JCB, Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Addington, Parkstone, Denham, Thurlestone, Dartmouth, Rustic Canyon, LACC (North), MPCC (Shore), Cal Club, San Francisco, Epsom

Eric Smith

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2011, 05:00:16 PM »
Craig,

My check is in the mail to you today.

Thanks!

Eric

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2011, 09:35:10 AM »
Craig,

My check is in the mail to you today.

Thanks!

Eric

Hooray!!! Really glad you are coming.

Jason Topp

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2011, 02:13:03 PM »
Given all of the discussion about handicaps at the two BUDA's I have attended, I thought the attached article from Dean Knuth comparing US to CONGU handicaps would be useful:

http://www.popeofslope.com/scotland/usscothandicaps.html

His advice:

1.  US Players should use their US home course handicap when playing in the UK  (not their index - for example, at my club a 6.3 index = an 8 handicap)

2.  There is no simple way to compare CONGU to slope system handicaps because the systems are so different.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back