News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Aidan Bradley

Interesting new golf course/travel website
« on: November 01, 2010, 09:07:32 PM »
Just came across an interesting new golf course/travel website......  http://www.golftripgurus.com. It is community of avid golfers and travelers who get and give each other friendly advice on courses they have played. No conflict of interest with this site as serious architectural debates rarely appear. I think it is a cool vehicle by which the well travelled golfer can pass on some advice and helpful information to those less experienced. A way of giving back and "paying it forward". The site includes a large data base of courses from which each participant can create his or her own list of courses played. Recently, the 246 courses listed in the new True Links book were added to the GTG course listings. Check it out, share it with your golf buddies. I think you will find it fun and useful.

Aidan.

Kris Shreiner

Re: Interesting new golf course/travel website
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 08:38:11 AM »
Thanks Aidan! I didn't join yet, but did read some of the listed responses to questions asked. It appears to be a site that will draw more interest over time and that should improve contributions. I hope the graphics are bit more exciting than appears on the initial home page...that is a rather bland presentation.

Cheers,
Kris 8)
"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

Aidan Bradley

Re: Interesting new golf course/travel website
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 11:34:42 AM »
Kris,

Glad you enjoyed the site. As with every new venture, there are growing pains. I think you would agree the content is more important than the "bells and whistles". I am confident the look and appearance of the site will evolve over time and will add to your enjoyment of each visit.

Aidan.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back