News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Young

Golf Inc...the most powerful people in golf
« on: October 27, 2010, 10:16:58 PM »
Does anyone find it as amusing as myself to see a list of the MOST POWERFUL people in golf?  Come on..these might be the nicest guys you could meet....might operate great management companies and have a few other things going for them but....Check out the new Golf Inc online version.....here we have a list of management companies and others that have come to their conferences.  I mean for the last few years the meetings consist of industry guys with corporate expense accounts that go to see each other and the actual , poteniial clients may be less than 20. 
Read the articles....  you don't see a Toro or a Rainbird or a Clubcar or a chemical or fertilizer company...hmmm..must not have a large enough booth...association executives are not powerful..the people they work for are the power....and TW....they list him as TW design....show me one....then we have egypt and other areas where it is hot as hell....don't think there is much golf power there...
IMHO this golf business stuff has got to stop and stop fast....the basics are for public you can get about 40,000 rounds per year at the best for maybe $60 bucks and a blended rate of say $45 leaving you a golf revenue of 1.6 -1.7 million and that is for some...many are much less...private let's say maybe 500 members at $500 month dues....  that doesn't cut it.... for the price of some of these places....
Anybody on this site can advertise that they have money available for golf or anything else if they can manipulate a 25% return on paper....that's what happened and what is trying to happen again....there are not really any secrets....you got golfers that will pay a certain amount and you go golf courses that have to operate within that amount.... sorry for the rant but this stuff continues to amaze me......It was said that golf Asia only had 400 attendees...think about....billions of people and only 400 ....
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Jim_Kennedy

Re: Golf Inc...the most powerful people in golf
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 10:29:54 PM »
Mike,
You really didn't expect much else, did you?

It's Golf INC
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Adam Clayman

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 10:32:31 PM »
I agree Mike. The power is in the wallet, and feet, of the avid golfer.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 12:24:06 AM »
keep growing fa tass
you'll be at the top one day for sure
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 03:02:27 AM »
Yes, but only after me - well come on, thats what some of you have been saying for ages ;)

Melvyn

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back