News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Doug Wright

Re: How photographic is your memory for golf courses?
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2010, 12:59:10 PM »
It's just like my golf - declining as I age

Ditto, though I'm still far better at recalling golf courses than anyone else I hang out with.
Twitter: @Deneuchre

RJ_Daley

« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2010, 01:37:49 PM »
I have had the opportunity a few times to visit and walk a great course before I played it, and sometimes while it was being built.  Those pre-round walks have always helped me to get myself oriented so that when I do play it, I seem to remember it better, good or bad course design....

I walked about Sand Hills in part twice before I had a chance to play there.  I saw Ballyneal in very rough grubbing and just raw routing, before I played it.   I walked Rustic Canyon in grow-in stage.  All that helped me in maintaining a lasting visual. 

When playing a new course, or one I haven't played, I love a good yardage book with hole overviews.  I tend to put a dot where my shots land, and that helps me.  I also use a camera, but that does also get distracting looking for the right angle to show a unique and interesting design feature while trying to play. 

Without those memory aids, I don't usually have as good of hole detail memory on a hit and run sort of first play.  Then, I am left more with overall impressions rather than design feature details particularly of the routing sequence and which holes come in order.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Gary Daughters

« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2010, 01:50:07 PM »

Unbeknownst to me it used to be a source of amusement among my golf buddies that I would start recounting certain holes or features thereof.  Must not be a coincidence that I ended up here.
THE NEXT SEVEN:  Alfred E. Tupp Holmes Municipal Golf Course, Willi Plett's Sportspark and Driving Range, Peachtree, Par 56, Browns Mill, Cross Creek, Piedmont Driving Club

David Camponi

« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2010, 05:34:32 PM »
I've never forgotten a hole I've been in.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back