News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Doug Braunsdorf

Happy Thanksgiving
« on: November 25, 2010, 09:31:15 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving, all my friends and acquaintances on GCA.  Thank you for great friendship, fellowship and spirited discussion over the past 6 years.
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."

Adam Clayman

Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 10:00:33 AM »
Ditto and back at ya.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Chris Johnston

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 10:15:33 AM »
Same here.  Happy Thanksgiving!  Thanks for the warm welcome from a new member of the group!

« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 11:05:42 AM by Chris Johnston »

Jud_T

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 10:16:42 AM »
Happy Turkey to all.  And for something a little different in addition to the traditional stuffing:

http://www.salon.com/food/kitchen_challenge/index.html?story=/food/kitchen_challenge/2010/11/15/chinese_sausage_and_sticky_rice_stuffing_open2010

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

John Keenan

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 10:20:05 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all

The things a man has heard and seen are threads of life, and if he pulls them carefully from the confused distaff of memory, any who will can weave them into whatever garments of belief please them best.

Norbert P

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 12:03:20 PM »

You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant   Excepting Alice
You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant
Walk right in it's around the back
Just a half a mile from the railroad track
You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant
  Arlo Guthrie of the Group "W" Bench
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Michael Hayes

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 12:10:17 PM »
Today i am Thankful for the PUNCHBOWL!  Considering it is -2 and snowing I think you all know which type!!! :D

I will not drink from the OM punchbowl until Jan 16th...OH THE WAIT!!!

Happy Turkey Day!
Bandonistas Unite!!!

Rory Connaughton

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 12:43:54 PM »
Peace.

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 06:31:55 PM »
Health
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Jay Flemma

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 07:39:16 PM »
I'm thankful for all your friendship and good will as well.  I hope everyone enjoyed their steak as much as I enjoyed mine:)  Have a great time with your loved ones and see you on the course soon!
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Tom Jefferson

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 08:26:00 PM »
Snow here at Bandon two days ago..............a thanksgiving dressing of white!...clear and beautiful today.

Best wishes to all!

And to you Michael, the Jubelale'll be awaitin fer ye!!

Tom
the pres

Steve Lang

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 09:03:14 PM »
 8) we gave thanks for 82° F and 15-30 mph winds making it shorts and shirts on the course today ...
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Bill_McBride

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2010, 09:08:40 PM »
8) we gave thanks for 82° F and 15-30 mph winds making it shorts and shirts on the course today ...

But no thanks for the Houston weather today!!  We'll catch you next time we're back over there.

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2010, 12:01:17 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.

PCCraig

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2010, 08:00:05 AM »
I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.
H.P.S.

archie_struthers

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 09:02:38 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

hear hear   and many one putts to all

Steve Kline

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 03:04:32 PM »
I have a to be thankful for. But here are the two big ones. First, I played two rounds of golf in Pinehurst the last four days. These are his first rounds of golf since he went blind almost two months ago. While most of his shots were bad, he hit a coulee just like he would have before he went blind. And he made two pars. Hopefully that gave him some encouragement that he could at least break 90 in the future - still a tough adjustment from his 7 handicap. Regardless, it was great to be out there with him since two months ago I wasn't sure if I would ever get to play golf with him.

I am also thankful for my wife. Just a week after my dad went blind my wife was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Five years ago she was diagnosed with cancer. It started in her breast, moved to her lung and then to her brain. She has had years of chemo, weeks of radiation, and several surgeries. But through it all she has not been sick a single day. She has never been at a loss for energy. And she has never been unable to do anything she wanted to do. Just two weeks ago she had brain surgery to remove the tumor. The doctors were able to remove the entire tumor. My wife was out of bed less than 24 hours after surgery and went home straight from the ICU just about 24 hours after the surgery ended (doctors said she would be in the hospital for three days). Now she haas three weeks of radiation coming up and more chemo for the spot on her lung. But, we know that God has healed her and given her supernatural strength to get through all of this. Through it all His love for us been indescribable. His love has never failed us. His love is what I am most thankful for this year. Nothing else really matters.

I have all of you are having as great a Thanksgiving as I am.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back