News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve Burrows

Re: What happens when macro features on and off the course dwarf the
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2010, 08:14:21 PM »
Pat,

Thanks again for another wonderful evasion; your original post intends to also discuss elements OFF the course, and in the "distance," yet currently you have decided to focus only on features that "flank" the playing corridor and what you consider "in play."  Your particular brand of sophistry continues to astound me.
...to admit my mistakes most frankly, or to say simply what I believe to be necessary for the defense of what I have written, without introducing the explanation of any new matter so as to avoid engaging myself in endless discussion from one topic to another.     
               -Rene Descartes

Patrick_Mucci

Re: What happens when macro features on and off the course dwarf the New
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 12:23:30 PM »
Pat,

Thanks again for another wonderful evasion;

It's not an evasion, you just didn't like the answer I presented.

your original post intends to also discuss elements OFF the course, and in the "distance," yet currently you have decided to focus only on features that "flank" the playing corridor and what you consider "in play."  Your particular brand of sophistry continues to astound me.

Astounding you seems to be a relatively simple task.

Here's a picture of a par 3 at Cascata

See if you can relate my opening post to the photo.

Also, to simplify things for you, since you're so easily astounded, I'm including some of my original post.
One fellow, originally from Pittsburgh commented that "Desert/Mountain" golf left him without any feelings of "distinction.

As we discussed it, I stated that I thought that the mountains in the distance and the canyon walls bordering the holes tended to diminish or eliminate the character of the individual holes and features, that the backdrops/lateral framing made all of the holes similar despite their individual architectural features because the backdrops/lateral framing were so much larger, on such a grand scale that they overpowered the individual holes and features.

Please NOTE how the Mountains come down and form part of the features IN PLAY, how they are an integral part of the golf course.

Also please note  their SCALE.

If you remain astounded, call Tommy Naccarato

[/color]
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 12:26:31 PM by Patrick_Mucci »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back