News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Chaplin

Re: Pre-deployment week 3: Pine Valley
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2010, 10:00:25 AM »
Scott - easy par! Try look left into trees, chip out sideways, three wood, five iron to a foot and conceded putt.
Cave Nil Vino

George Pazin

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2010, 10:29:18 AM »
Thanks Scott and Ben for sharing, Ben please stay safe over there. (Scott, look out for spiders and snakes back home! :))

Honest question, not a veiled criticism: How is the right/left land movement at PV? Doesn't look like too many sidehill lies and stances, or is that just the flattening of photography?
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Scott Warren

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2010, 06:30:17 PM »
I would say you can expect an uneven lie for your approach on 4, 8, 15 (second shot too) and there is a decent chance of one on 9, 11, 16 and 17.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2010, 06:38:47 PM »

Congrats!!

Anthony

Brad Fleischer

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2010, 01:14:25 AM »
I ask myself should I consider myself privileged to be on your contact list of golf buddies after I received said photo ? I am struggling with an answer as I wanted to give you a NY beating while at the same time I found myself smiling on the inside that you got to golf on what many consider to be hallowed ground while I pictured myself slapping you high fives when I heard the news.

Hmmm this may take awhile to decide . Maybe I'll do both when I see you next , that combat training doesnt scare me one bit ......

Brad

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2010, 06:21:02 AM »
Mike Nuzzo...Thanks for giving Ben Sims this opportunity.  You remind me of the drill team from eastern PA that busted ass until yesterday to get everything in place, then went home, saying the rescue belonged to the Chilean people.  You gave a guy who gives us safety a shot at a dream, with no public pretense.  Awesome, pal.

Scott Warren...that shot of 18 makes it look like my local muni...must be so popular that no one goes there anymore.

Ben Sims...I think Mac's question was "weird" as well, for its brevity!  He's not long-winded, but he does usually attack more from a philosophical/architectural corner.  That one was so lean that I double-checked to make sure it was Mac!

Mac...Great question!
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

JC Jones

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2010, 08:01:57 AM »
Ben,

Don't be afraid of Brad's "NY beating."  He tried that sh*t on me at Kingsley and left crying like a girl.  It's really hard for the big city boy to get whooped up by a guy in a pink shirt ;D
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Jim Franklin

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2010, 08:23:36 AM »
Great stuff Ben, PV is a special place. Good luck in your deployment and if you ever make it to Baltimore, give me a shout.
Mr Hurricane

Jeff Spittel

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2010, 12:52:23 PM »
Godspeed while you're overseas, Ben. Thanks for your service to our great country. 
Fare and be well now, let your life proceed by its own design.

Brad Fleischer

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2010, 01:53:56 PM »
Ben,

Don't be afraid of Brad's "NY beating."  He tried that sh*t on me at Kingsley and left crying like a girl.  It's really hard for the big city boy to get whooped up by a guy in a pink shirt ;D

I wont get off topic and I will let Ben soak up his much deserved last couple of weeks but JC I was "crying" because I had to look at that god awful pink shirt all day !   

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back