News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ed Homsey

Re: Yahnundasis
« on: October 08, 2010, 05:34:13 PM »
Just a note in response to the comment about YGC's 3rd hole, on the Utica thread.  The drive is not blind on the 3rd, but the approach shot is definitely blind.  I marshalled that hole in a NYS Men's Amateur held there in 2007, I believe.  I kinda got to liking the hole, though I recognize it's quirkiness.  I can imagine there are architects who would want to bulldoze the fairway from 150 yards out in order to open up a view to the green.  Hope it never happens.

John Blain

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 02:34:00 PM »
Just a note in response to the comment about YGC's 3rd hole, on the Utica thread.  The drive is not blind on the 3rd, but the approach shot is definitely blind.  I marshalled that hole in a NYS Men's Amateur held there in 2007, I believe.  I kinda got to liking the hole, though I recognize it's quirkiness.  I can imagine there are architects who would want to bulldoze the fairway from 150 yards out in order to open up a view to the green.  Hope it never happens.

Ed-

I think the third hole at Yahnundasis gets the hall pass because it was designed by Walter Travis. If a modern architect built that hole today he would never get paid from the club :)

Ed Homsey

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 08:18:46 PM »
i agree.  the earth movers would be out there totally removing the area from 150 to 80 yards from the green, if keeping the current routing.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back