News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ben Stephens

Re: I'm A Patron!
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2010, 07:23:31 AM »
Awesome! ;D

Look forward to your daily thread about the Masters experience when the event is on!

Cheers
Ben

Eric Smith

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2010, 09:31:03 AM »
Mike,

The 60th birthday presents just keep a coming! I wonder if the powers that be at Augusta were made aware of your indefectible Captaincy last month in Wales...hmmm

Bill_McBride

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2010, 11:01:21 AM »
Mike,

The 60th birthday presents just keep a coming! I wonder if the powers that be at Augusta were made aware of your indefectible Captaincy last month in Wales...hmmm

Please define "indefectible."

Eric Smith

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »
Bill the McBride,

I've had to dig deep into the google to find your answer...

INDEFECTIBLE: not likely to fail, decay, become imperfect. without a fault or blemish; perfect.

Used in a sentence: Bill McBride's Captaincy of the NoCal team at the 2011 King's Putter Cup was indefectible.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2010, 12:17:22 PM »
Bill the McBride,

INDEFECTIBLE: not likely to fail, decay, become imperfect. without a fault or blemish; perfect.

Used in a sentence: Bill McBride's Captaincy of the NoCal team at the 2011 King's Putter Cup was indefectible.

Nice!

But I will not be a captain of a team at KP Bandon.  It's Huckaby and Benham for the North and Stamm and Spalding for the South.

I plan to play and drink and kibitz!

JC Jones

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2010, 12:19:18 PM »
Bill the McBride,

Unlike his Dixie Cup Captaincy last year.  But then again, his captaincy would be the equivalent to an Australian being captain of the US Ryder Cup team.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2010, 12:22:49 PM »
Bill the McBride,

Unlike his Dixie Cup Captaincy last year.  But then again, his captaincy would be the equivalent to an Australian being captain of the US Ryder Cup team.

Aaaahh grasshopper, you forget I grew up in Marin County, California.

But see my post above for "the rest of the story."

Thomas Patterson

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2010, 01:40:26 PM »
Congratulations Michael!!!  That's incredible news, and I'm sure was even more fun to receive since you forgot you were on the list! 

Have FUN!

Kenny Baer

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2010, 05:12:25 PM »
This truly deserves a congrats, wow!! I just now glanced at the thread as I for sure thought you had won Practice Round tix.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2010, 07:38:12 PM »
My wife has a great sense of drama... she found the letter from ANGC in our mailbox. After I went to bed she taped it to the mirror in our bathroom so I would find it first thing in the morning.

What I beautiful way to start the day!!!

When I came out of the bathroom she said she had been up nearly all night... couldn't sleep in anticipation of how happy I would be when I found the letter. What a gal... after 36 years of marriage she still knows how to keep things fun!
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2010, 08:48:57 PM »
My arsenic you are...ANGC trolls sites like this one to find newly-minted patrons who engage in bragadaccio, then strips them of their formerly-held status.  Bragadaccio is up there with bikini wax and body bags.  Humility wins the day.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2010, 09:16:41 PM »
My arsenic you are...ANGC trolls sites like this one to find newly-minted patrons who engage in bragadaccio, then strips them of their formerly-held status.  Bragadaccio is up there with bikini wax and body bags.  Humility wins the day.

Who's bragging?  I'm just happy and excited that I've gotten on the patron list. I'm sure some of my friends from this site are happy for me as well.  Maybe some of them will be able to attend the tournament with me at some point. I certainly hope so.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2010, 10:46:10 PM »
Just for the record, there are few here or anywhere who have done more for golf than Mike Whitaker. While I was kidding Mike about him becoming a member at Augusta, he would be the perfect member of The R&A and/or Augusta.

The internet can often convey miss-communications, and trust me Mike is simply expressing joy.

JC Jones

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2010, 09:17:32 AM »
There is no finer gentleman than Mike Whitaker.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Bill Gayne

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2010, 10:14:42 AM »

Can you point to even one example and provide specifics of the ANGC taking badges from someone for the behavior you describe?

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2010, 12:59:57 PM »
If ANGC were to see this post they'd realise just how happy their move has made one of golf's gentlemen.
Cave Nil Vino

Jamie Barber

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2010, 02:15:29 PM »
Very nice!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back