News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Scott Warren

Scorecard collectors?
« on: October 07, 2010, 02:38:16 AM »
If anyone wants a selection of scorecards from GB&I/Europe/Egypt, post in here. I have about 20-30 assorted cards that I'll split amongst the first two people to say they are keen.

Dónal Ó Ceallaigh

Re: Scorecard collectors?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 03:22:39 AM »
Scott,

I'll gladly take them off your hands!

Dónal.

Andrew Summerell

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 04:16:46 AM »
You're doing well, Scott. When I'm on golf trips, I forget to even get cards from half the courses I play.

Scott Warren

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 05:30:30 AM »
Probably easy for you to do, Andrew, given you'd rarely write a score down on one!

I always grab a few, then get home and wonder "WTF am I going to do with six scorecards?!". I always keep one with the yardage book though.

Andrew Summerell

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 08:24:36 AM »
I always grab a few, then get home and wonder "WTF am I going to do with six scorecards?!".

I did that once. I had a piece being use for a French dance company at the Edinburgh International Festival, so was invited to attend. Being that I was there for almost 2 weeks, but only had 3 functions/performances I had to attend, I played A LOT of golf. I collected 3 cards from every course I played to give to friends when I got home.

I put them in my briefcase for the plane trip home, thinking that I might look at them on the plane, then had my briefcase stolen while waiting at Coffee Republic in the terminal at Heathrow. I haven’t bothered since.

That was the same trip that I was mistaken for an international druglord when arriving at Heathrow on my way there.

Peter Pratt

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 08:44:49 AM »
Scott,

I've been collecting since 1971, when, as a 13-year-old, I sent letters to all of the courses in GD's Top 100. I was amazed that I received cards from 85-90 of them.

If they have not been claimed, I'm interested.

Thanks very much!

Nick Campanelli

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 08:53:30 AM »
I think I'm number 3 on the list, but if still available, I'm interested.  I currently have 1,600 from all around the world (have not played them all unfortunately).    
Landscape Architect  //  Golf Course Architect

Scott Warren

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 02:29:00 PM »
If you three gentlemen could PM me your address I will get the cards off to you ASAP.

Nick, there are quite a few I have triples of, so you're in luck.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back