News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matthew Sander

Hello all,

There have been several others that have shown interest in playing and as a result, I wanted to see if those of you that are planning to play would mind if we moved the tee times back by a little less than an hour (begin at 10:43 as opposed to 9:58) to accomodate the others. Times are booked prior to and after our original times, but there are several in a row available at the later time...Please let me know ASAP...

Thanks,
Matt
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 07:20:03 PM by Matthew Sander »

Jud_T

Re: Chicago GCAers - Interest in The Highlands of Elgin Oct. 17?
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2010, 07:35:01 PM »
Fine with me.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Andrew Calcutt

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2010, 07:56:36 PM »
Matt,

I'm fine with that.

Thanks for setting it up,

AC

Matthew Sander

bump, see reply #25...thanks...

Zack Molnar

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2010, 10:25:57 PM »
That actually works better for me. Thanks for setting all this up. Looking forward to it

Mike Demetriou

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2010, 10:49:15 PM »
Wish I could join you guys - #2 arrived on 10/6 and we've got our hands full...  Please, someone, take some photos...

PCCraig

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2010, 08:23:43 AM »
Wish I could join you guys - #2 arrived on 10/6 and we've got our hands full...  Please, someone, take some photos...

Congrats Mike!

I guess that excuse will do...
H.P.S.

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2010, 10:45:47 AM »
In if there's room, but only if I can play with Steve "High Socks" Salmen and Andrew "Uphill" Lewis.
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

George Freeman

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2010, 11:39:09 AM »
In if there's room, but only if I can play with Steve "High Socks" Salmen and Andrew "Uphill" Lewis.

I would love to round out that foursome!  Mark me down.
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Jud_T

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2010, 12:08:59 PM »

Please add George Foreman (aka the Traverse City Kid) to the group.
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

Matthew Sander

Re: Chicago GCAers - UPDATE - The Highlands of Elgin Oct. 17
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2010, 12:16:37 PM »
Well gentlemen, we are up to 15 now. We have room for only 1 more, if interested just let me know. Everyone was OK with the new starting times so we are going off at 10:43, 10:52, 11:01, and 11:10. We are sandwiched in on both sides so we don't have any wiggle room. For better or worse, it looks like a busy day at The Highlands.

I have a couple of questions for those playing. First, do you have any special requests for playing partners and/or times? I know that Sven has already requested a group and we'll make that happen. If anyone else has any preferences just let me know, I'll post a list of participants below. Pat Craig has requested the first tee time due to evening plans, if anyone else must go off first there are three open spots.

Also, I have received a couple of messages asking about any game format we might be using. Do you guys want to have a low-key game or just play a casual round? We'll go with popular sentiment on this one. If we do want a game, I was thinking maybe $5/man in the pot for a two-man net stableford, but suggestions are welcome. Just let me know soon.

The participants are:

Pat Craig
George Freeman*
Chris Flamion
Jud Tigerman
Steve Salmen*
Zack Molnar
Andrew Lewis*
Andrew Calcutt
Bill Seitz
Michael Baldwin
Jim Colton
Jim Tang
Jeff Tang
Sven Nilsen*
Matt Sander

*=already in a foursome

Thanks guys...

Bill Seitz

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2010, 12:26:42 PM »
Matt, I'm downgrading myself to a maybe.  There's a very good chance I'll have some work travel next week, and if that calls for a Sunday flight, it could get iffy depending upon our travel time.  I'll let you know the moment I find out what's going on.

Matthew Sander

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2010, 12:32:04 PM »
Bill,

Just keep us posted. If it helps you're welcome to one of the spots in the first tee time...

Andrew Lewis

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2010, 12:57:58 PM »

Sven -

You/Steve vs George/me sounds like a good match.  One question:  how many clubs are permitted?

-Andrew

Please add George Foreman (aka the Traverse City Kid) to the group.

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2010, 01:15:41 PM »

Sven -

You/Steve vs George/me sounds like a good match.  One question:  how many clubs are permitted?

-Andrew

[/quote]

Andrew:

Feel free to use any club in the bag except for your 7 iron.  Are we playing a "modified" match?

Sven

George Freeman

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2010, 01:24:51 PM »

Sven -

-Andrew

Andrew:

Feel free to use any club in the bag except for your 7 iron.  Are we playing a "modified" match?

Sven

[/quote]

I like where this is heading!
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Andrew Lewis

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2010, 01:40:14 PM »
Sven -

How about reverse-modified format:  I get my 7-iron back and you can add a putter; but no throws.

I assume that this will be contested over only 17 holes, as customary when playing against you and Steve?

-Andrew

Sven -

-Andrew

Andrew:

Sven

[/quote]

Tim Bert

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2010, 01:43:24 PM »
It's a good thing that you clarified there are no throws, so you don't have to get into the required follow-up questions:

- Can you use a throw on the opponent's ball or only your own?
 - Can you use a throw to place a gimmee in the cup?
 - Must the throw be over the shoulder or can an underhanded toss be used?

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2010, 02:34:02 PM »
Sven -

How about reverse-modified format:  I get my 7-iron back and you can add a putter; but no throws.

I assume that this will be contested over only 17 holes, as customary when playing against you and Steve?

-Andrew

I'll be there for all 18, Steve will show up when we need him to close out the match.

As for my putter, they took it after my last round at Bandon Trails to be bronzed and placed above the fireplace in McKee's Pub. 

Steve Salmen

« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2010, 03:33:03 PM »
How about this:  no one in the match can carry more than 10 clubs, none of which are made after 1990, all woods made of persimmon?  Balata only?

Kidding, just got some great Titleist Tour Model woods to match the old irons.  May break them out for the occasion.

Steve Salmen

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2010, 03:41:25 PM »
I'll let my partner determine the outfit:

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2010, 03:51:41 PM »

Wear whatever you want, I'll be happy if you make it to the first tee.

Mark Smolens

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2010, 05:13:25 PM »

Wear whatever you want, I'll be happy if you make it to the first tee.

Paging Mr. Daniels, paging Mr. Daniels, the party from Lynchburg, TN. Please report to the white courtesy phone.

Matthew Sander

Re: Chicago GCAers - PAIRINGS - The Highlands of Elgin Oct. 17
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2010, 09:45:41 PM »
Thanks for the posts and PM responses guys. The popular position so far is too just have a casual round, so we'll leave any games up to individual groups. I've also put together some pairings for the day. Look these over and let me know if you have any issues. Also, if there is anyone else who'd like to play, we have room for 1 more.

10:43
Pat Craig
Andrew Calcutt
Bill Seitz (if Bill can't make it we'll just steal someone from one of the foursomes)

10:52
Jim Colton
Jeff Tang
Jim Tang
Matt Sander

11:01
Chris Flamion
Zack Molnar
Jud Tigerman
Michael Baldwin

11:10
George Freeman
Sven Nilsen
Steve Salmen
Andrew Lewis

Thanks,
Matt

« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 10:10:32 PM by Matthew Sander »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back