News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Andrew Mitchell

Robin Hiseman in the red tops
« on: September 23, 2010, 07:37:12 AM »
I never had the Daily Mirror down as being big on golf but there's a nice article on Robin in today's issue

http://www.mirror.co.uk/advice/jobs/2010/09/22/designing-golf-courses-is-a-dream-turned-reali-tee-115875-22580719/
2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

Mark Chaplin

Re: Robin Hiseman in the red tops
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 08:04:28 AM »
Andrew where on earth did you find a copy of the Daily Mirror? It's even lighter than Scott Warren's old rag  ;)
Cave Nil Vino

ed_getka

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 09:30:04 AM »
Great to hear Robin is staying busy. Well-deserved. I hadn't heard the Jack Nicklaus story before, very cool.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Dónal Ó Ceallaigh

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 09:44:14 AM »
He'll have his work cut out for him in making a course on 28 acres at Tres Cantos. :D

Andrew Mitchell

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 11:11:32 AM »
Andrew where on earth did you find a copy of the Daily Mirror? It's even lighter than Scott Warren's old rag  ;)

Mark
I can assure you I'm not a Mirror reader!

Robin's brother posted a link to it on Twitter

John Mayhugh

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 12:21:28 PM »
Thanks for posting the story.  I had the pleasure of two rounds with Robin this last week and after talking with look really would like to see his work in person.

James Boon

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 12:48:03 PM »
And for a minute there Andrew I thought you were pointing us all in the direction of the latest golf scandal...  ;D

Nice one Robin!

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell, Brora, Parkstone, Cavendish, Hallamshire, Sandmoor, Moortown, Elie, Crail, St Andrews (Himalayas & Eden), Chantilly, M, Hardelot Les Pins

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Philip Gawith

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 01:28:24 PM »
that must be the longest story ever published in the Mirror! Robin is a scholar and a gent.

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 03:22:21 PM »
Thanks Chaps.

I'd kind of forgotten about doing this interview, as it was more than a month ago and arranged on the hoof.  Didn't get any warning, so it was a bit of a surprise this morning.  Yes Donal, I spotted the acreage error, but given the restrictions imposed on me it might turn out to be prophetic!

Actually, I wrote back to Jack earlier this summer, just to thank him for his advice all those years ago and to give him an update.  Guess what?  He's written back again to thank me for the note.  What a gent!  I can't tell you just how inspirational his advice was all those years ago...it made all the difference.
2024: Royal St. David's(x2); Mill Ride(x7); Milford; Notts; JCB(x2), Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Addington, Parkstone, Denham, Thurlestone, Dartmouth, Rustic Canyon, LACC (North), MPCC (Shore), Cal Club, San Francisco, Epsom, Casa Serena (CZ), Hayling

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 03:29:42 PM »
Andrew "Trotsky" Mitchell - I believe you.
Cave Nil Vino

Scott Warren

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 05:43:05 PM »
Robin has now appeared in both The Mirror and The Mail (authored by yours truly) within the past month... he's the Cheryl Cole of golf course architetcure!!

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 03:10:03 AM »

he's the Cheryl Cole of golf course architetcure!!:-* Robin are you being called a 'Bitch' ;) or is Scott saying you are shallow or have a love of shallow bunkers ;D

Cheryl Cole, Scott - come on surely you can be more gracious than that?,

Melvyn

Scott Warren

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 03:57:13 AM »
Knowing Robin's love of the Mail Online for its encyclopaedic coverage of Kelly Brook's every move, I realised I'd chosen the wrong starlet the moment I hit "post".

Melvyn, I now know I am sick. I played a course last week with a greenside bunker so shallow and hard that I putted out of it and the moment I pulled the flatstick out to exit the bunker I thought of you and chuckled. You are with me always! ;D

Gareth Williams

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2010, 06:59:03 AM »
Hi Robin,

Saw a piece in The Telegraph too, quite the media hound now!

Hope you're well.

Gareth

John Mayhugh

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 01:28:37 AM »
I saw him in a short interview on CNN Europe this morning.  There was a story about the various country bids for the Ryder Cup.

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 06:05:19 AM »
Dear All

Please direct all future comments via my agent.... ;D
2024: Royal St. David's(x2); Mill Ride(x7); Milford; Notts; JCB(x2), Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Addington, Parkstone, Denham, Thurlestone, Dartmouth, Rustic Canyon, LACC (North), MPCC (Shore), Cal Club, San Francisco, Epsom, Casa Serena (CZ), Hayling

Andrew Mitchell

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2010, 10:14:04 AM »
Robin's becoming a real media slut now

As posted on twitter by his brother!

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2010, 11:12:01 AM »
Andrew

Seriously, it's got very little to do with me!  However, thanks for bringing the photo to my attention.  Can't remember where it went though. Photographer Matthew Harris got lucky with that snap!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back