News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Cristian

Vancouver BC Golf? New
« on: October 18, 2010, 10:14:06 AM »
Next summer I will be on vacation in Canada. I am looking of course to mix some golf into my trip. My itenarary over 3 weeks will be Vancouver-Vancouver Island to Banff / Jasper via Whistler/Kamloops flying back to Europe from Calgary. Naturally I am planning to play Jasper and Banff, but can anybody give some advice on courses near Vancouver and on the way to the Parks?

I am interested in fun golf (who isn't), preferably walking. If there are any public or semi-private classic courses I would be interested in those as well.

Some local advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 12:58:37 PM by Cristian Willaert »

Dale Jackson

Re: Vancouver BC Golf
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 11:01:56 AM »
Cristian, you have a lot of options and there have been other threads dealing with all the areas on your trip.  Briefly:

Vancouver

Private - Capilano and Shaughnessy
Public - not much, there are a lot of public courses but nothing that distinguishes itself IMHO

Vancouver Island

Private - Royal Colwood, Victoria
Public - Cordova Bay (Victoria), Duncan Meadows (Duncan), Crown Isle (Courtney), Storey Creek (Campbell River)

Whistler - Big Sky (30 minutes north of Whistler in Pemberton), Whistler Golf Course, Nicklaus North

Kamloops - Tobiano, Rivershore

Rockies - Banff, Jasper Kannanaskis (36 hole RTJ facility)

There are many other fine courses in the East Kootenays, which is a mountain valley west of the Rockies.

Others will have additional suggestions I am sure.

Look for a PM from me.

I've seen an architecture, something new, that has been in my mind for years and I am glad to see a man with A.V. Macan's ability to bring it out. - Gene Sarazen

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back