News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tyler Ince

I am planning to visit New Zealand and Australia this February 2011. Cape Kidnappers, Kauri Cliffs and Lost Farm.

Obviously the exact dates are not set and right now it is just me planning a trip to Australia and New Zealand for about 6-7 weeks and I wanted to dedicate at least a week to hitting the top courses. I thought someone might already be planning a trip there and I could match some dates or tee times.

Hope to hear from some of you.

Tyler
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 04:16:22 PM by Tyler Ince »
'til the Road Hole....

Michiel Teeling

Tyler,

I am going down under but in dec. and jan.

My schedule is:

thu dec 30: royal melbourne (west)
fri dec 31: kingston heath gc
sat jan 1st: st andrews beach gc
mon jan 3: barwon heads gc
wed jan 5: barnbougle dunes
thu jan 6: lost farm
fri jan 7: barnbougle dunes

I am also going to the NSW golf club but haven't scheduled a date yet. If anyone has any good advise on courses not to be missed or good accomodation in Sydney please let me know

Michiel

Scott Coan

Tyler,

I live about 3 hours away from Kidnappers and get up there 3 or 4 times a year so drop me a line and perhaps we can cross paths.

By the way, this is the view from my backyard in NZ:

It's the wonderful 8th green at Paraparaumu Beach and anybody travelling to NZ really should give it a go.  Whilst there are a number of quality resort courses in NZ (Kauri Cliffs, Kidnappers, Kinloch, Wairakei, Jack's Point), Paraparaumu reigns supreme as the ultimate player's course in NZ.   

I can always hook you up with a game at Pram if you find yourself in the Wellington region.

Michael Whitaker

Tyler - I am planning to visit NZ in either late Feb on my way to OZ for Scott Warren's "Boomerang" event, or I am going to visit on the way back to the states around March 10-14.

Nothing has been settled yet... still in the planning mode. I'd love to hook up if it turns out any of our dates overlap.

Scott - Paraparaumu Beach looks impressive!!!
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Tyler Ince

Michiel - unfortunately I will still be working in December and January, but I do want some good feedback from your trip once you return.  Are you going to post pics when you come back?

Scott - that is absurd.  Although I think my view in Pram would be nicer and a bit closer as I will pitch a tent in your backyard! :) Course looks great and would love to swing up north and play it. I will keep you in the loop as my planning stages develop. Would love to meet up and play a round with you...and what is up with that UFO in your photo!

Michael - looks like our dates might line up. What are the dates of the boomerang event and what city is it in? I am pretty excited thinking about summer golf in NZ and OZ as I am in Finland now and the cold is setting in.

Can't wait to hit the links again.

Tyler
'til the Road Hole....

Pete_Pittock

Mark Chaplin

Looks like Leo Barber must enjoy going to work!

Tyler - I see you plan on playing some well known modern courses do not forget the southern hemispheres finest links in Paraparaumu Beach and the wonderful sandbelt courses of Melbourne, world class golf.
Cave Nil Vino

Tyler Kearns

Tyler,

I am going down under but in dec. and jan.

My schedule is:

thu dec 30: royal melbourne (west)
fri dec 31: kingston heath gc
sat jan 1st: st andrews beach gc
mon jan 3: barwon heads gc
wed jan 5: barnbougle dunes
thu jan 6: lost farm
fri jan 7: barnbougle dunes

I am also going to the NSW golf club but haven't scheduled a date yet. If anyone has any good advise on courses not to be missed or good accomodation in Sydney please let me know

Michiel

Michiel,

Not sure how much time you are spending in Oz, but if you can, the following are excellent courses to visit in the Melbourne/Mornington Peninsula region; Royal Melbourne (East), Peninsula County (North & South), Portsea, National (Moonah), Woodlands, Commonwealth, Yarra Yarra & Victoria. There is also a shortish course recently re-designed by Michael Clayton up near Healesville called RACV Healesville CC which looks awesome, and hopefully a popular model for future golf.

TK

Trevor

I will be on the Southern Island in Dunedin for two months starting in January 2011...Any tips from the New Zealand cognoscenti about that region?
"When expectations are low, they can be met"

Ash Towe

Hi Trevor,

In Dunedin have a look at Chisholm Park, St Clair and Balmacewen.

Further afield, there are some interesting courses around Queeenstown/Arrowtown.

Jud_T

Scott,

You're my new hero....
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Scott Coan

Windlovers would love Paraparaumu today!  50k squalls blowing through.  Virtually unplayable but may have a crack just for laughs...

« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 05:43:54 PM by Scott Coan »

Scott Macpherson

Scott C,

Your house is well located, I don't think I have ever hooked into your place! I'd be keen for a game with you on day. I'll be on the Coast in December. Maybe we can hook up with Leo too?

Trevor- I am a little bias, but I would strongly recommend that you gat a car and drive to Invercargill to play the Southern-most links in the world – Oreti Sands (aka The Southland Golf Club). It encompasses everything good about the game of golf, and all for about US$10!

scott m

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back