News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

Re: This doesn't bode well for Tiger's Golf Course Design
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2009, 11:35:30 AM »
Another ridiculous thread that on which I cannot avoid giving my opinion.

Ridiculous based on whose standards?

I love threads like this.

Tony Offtopic

;D
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Bruce Katona

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2009, 11:37:31 AM »
geometric design looking to replicate  and equalize mass on both sides of the home without it being symmetrical.  Maybe the design is not in keeping with the "old Florida" design palate of the area, but it certainly is not offensive.

I was disappointed that I did noit see any pink flamingo's on the front lawn - LOL .....maybe when the landscaping is complete.

Jud_T

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2009, 07:48:04 PM »
Most of my family are architects, and believe me, I've seen much worse...If I had to make an analogy in terms of GCA's, at first glance I'd say this is about a solid Arthur Hills course, or maybe even a Robert Trent Jones.  Predictable, solid, but breaks no new ground.  Way better than an Arnold Palmer, but not in the same hood as a Doak....
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Buck Wolter

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2010, 01:29:12 PM »
Looks like the world's most expensive bachelor pad is done -- I stand by my original critique.

Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

PCCraig

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2010, 01:37:29 PM »
Looks like the world's most expensive bachelor pad is done -- I stand by my original critique.

That sure is one sweet bachelor pad!

Tiger has a very "unique" style...this fits him perfectly. Where does he play out of in Jupiter?
H.P.S.

Sean Leary

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2010, 01:55:54 PM »

Looks better than in the original picture, anyway...

Jud_T

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2010, 02:17:19 PM »
I heard he took out a $54mm mortgage on the place, perhaps as part of the divorce settlement (Now that's what I call a mortgage payment! At 5% 30 year that equals a monthly nut of $289,883.68!).  As for the design, once again proves that money doesn't buy you taste....I actually boated by the place when it was under construction.  Great location anyway.....
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 02:19:38 PM by Jud Tigerman »
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Ben Kodadek

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2010, 02:48:14 PM »
Jud,

You're right about that as a monthly nut...except the documents show he'll pay it off in full by January of 2016!!!

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2010, 02:50:33 PM »
what's up with having a lap pool next to an olympic sized pool?
training temperatures?

cheers
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Carl Johnson

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2010, 04:37:46 PM »
I'd wait until it's done and landscaped, and then take a look to see how well it works in the context of the site.  What would be a better style?  Faux French chateau, Bauhaus-ish, Frank Lloyd Wright-ish, grand bungalow, conch, plantation, Mediterranean revival, or whatever.  You name it.  If I had to classify what it looks like Tiger is doing, I'd say "post-modern."  But that covers a lot of ground, and has nothing to do with whether the design is good or bad.  In any case, I'd also have to see it in person (though I don't anticipated being invited for a look-see).
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 06:40:17 PM by Carl Johnson »

Sean Leary

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2010, 06:57:11 PM »
I'd wait until it's done and landscaped, and then take a look to see how well it works in the context of the site.  What would be a better style?  Faux French chateau, Bauhaus-ish, Frank Lloyd Wright-ish, grand bungalow, conch, plantation, Mediterranean revival, or whatever.  You name it.  If I had to classify what it looks like Tiger is doing, I'd say "post-modern."  But that covers a lot of ground, and has nothing to do with whether the design is good or bad.  In any case, I'd also have to see it in person (though I don't anticipated being invited for a look-see).

I am guessing that Elin had a big say in the house. Oh well...

David Kelly

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2010, 12:24:05 AM »
Just because it is white and has a lot of straight lines does not make it minimalist, in fact that looks about as far from minimalism as you can get.

This would be minimalist:
http://homesoftherich.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Picture-123.png

Neutra's "Windshield House" on Fisher's Island is another great example of a minimalist house and was actually owned by the Fisher's Island Club for a short time.  The house is in the NLE category as it burned down in the 70s.
http://www.nbm.org/exhibitions-collections/exhibitions/windshield.html
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2010, 01:50:36 AM »
Lego land on Jupiter island,,,,is born.  Tiger's taste in residential architecture is only surpassed by his taste in bimbos. If Tiger walks away from this, the mortgage holder will have an uber expensive tear down on a great piece of property
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Anthony Butler

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2010, 12:25:32 PM »

I am guessing that Elin had a big say in the house. Oh well...

The guest house is finished though... so Grandma Tida is set. More importantly, it's only a mile from the nearest Perkins.

Not that I want to go all People on GCA, it will be interesting to see if Elin relocates to this area of Florida since they have joint legal custody and there are no limits on visitation rights. As far as tearing it down, whoever Tiger unloads that property to (for a healthy loss) should know that area of Florida will be underwater in 30 years time...
Next!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back