News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

PThomas

"Golf Courses of the World" by Cannon - used copies for sale!
« on: September 02, 2010, 05:01:17 PM »
I just rec'd my copy of the first edition, the limited one/jumbo size!...it cost me $21 plus s and h

i just checked and if one goes to amazon.com , as of two minutes ago, there were 7 copies in good condition or better for a similar price

i think it originally went for $175....Cape Kidnappers of the cover...
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

PCCraig

« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 05:39:28 PM by Pat_Craig »
H.P.S.

PThomas

Re: "Golf Courses of the World" by Cannon - used copies for sale!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 05:44:10 PM »
Thanks for the heads up!

You mean this one?

http://www.amazon.com/Golf-Courses-Fairways-David-Cannon/dp/0847831213/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1283463519&sr=8-1-fkmr1

Pat - click on "three more formats", then go to the hardcover Oct 2006 version...thats the original limited edition one

a smaller hardover came out later and a paperback is coming out too i think, if it hasnt come out already

Tom_Doak

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 06:51:52 PM »
Hell, if it's got the full-size cover photo of Cape Kidnappers, the book jacket alone is worth $21.

Mike Hendren

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 07:15:26 PM »
Tom, did you take one of Matt Ward's happy pills?

Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Tom_Doak

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 09:41:29 PM »
Mike:

Just try getting a really good 10 x 15 photo of one of your favorite courses out of any good golf photographer for $20, and then get back to me.  But, yes, I had a beer or two at dinner, which goes more toward explaining my reply to Greg Tallman on the Nicklaus thread.  ;)

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 11:15:00 PM »
Thanks Paul I will get on it this weekend

Buck Wolter

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 07:36:48 PM »
Thanks for the head's up Paul.  I just got mine in the mail -- looks like new and it included a signed/numbered photo of the Old Course. Definitely won't fit on a bookshelf. :o

Buck
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Aidan Bradley

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 08:49:34 PM »
Tom,

I wouldn't expect you to design a golf course for $100,000, why expect a quality photographer to give you a 10x15 print for $20?

Aidan Bradley.

PCCraig

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 09:58:32 AM »
Glad I saw this back on the first page because it reminded me to order a copy. For $20 there isn't much to loose!

Darn Amazon always gets me though at checkout as I'm usually suckered into buying a couple other golf books I don't have already. :)
H.P.S.

PCCraig

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 10:13:59 AM »
From Amazon: "and includes a numbered print signed by the photographer. Golf Courses: Fairways of the World will be strictly limited to 5,000 copies. "

Is this true? If so that's pretty cool.
H.P.S.

PThomas

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 10:31:59 AM »
From Amazon: "and includes a numbered print signed by the photographer. Golf Courses: Fairways of the World will be strictly limited to 5,000 copies. "

Is this true? If so that's pretty cool.

yes it is Pat...the smaller edition is not limited, i believe

PCCraig

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 01:34:51 PM »
I just got my copy in the mail yesterday afternoon and I have to say I was shocked to see a 12"x36" box...the book is huge!  :o

After spending an hour or so reading the book I have to say it's really fantastic and consists of some of the best golf course photography I've ever seen.

I've already ordered a second copy, I would recommend this as one of the best golf book investments I can think of...$20 for such a high quality edition is a fantastic deal.

Great stuff...thanks for posting Paul T.
H.P.S.

PThomas

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 01:46:31 PM »
I just got my copy in the mail yesterday afternoon and I have to say I was shocked to see a 12"x36" box...the book is huge!  :o

After spending an hour or so reading the book I have to say it's really fantastic and consists of some of the best golf course photography I've ever seen.

I've already ordered a second copy, I would recommend this as one of the best golf book investments I can think of...$20 for such a high quality edition is a fantastic deal.

Great stuff...thanks for posting Paul T.

glad you like it Pat...a GREAT bargain for $20!

Tyler Kearns

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 01:54:51 PM »
Tom,

I wouldn't expect you to design a golf course for $100,000, why expect a quality photographer to give you a 10x15 print for $20?

Aidan Bradley.

Aidan,

I don't think Tom thought you should be able to get such a photo from a quality photographer for $20, however for the $20 this book costs, he's getting a full-sized photo of Cape Kidnappers. Bottom line, this book is an extreme bargain.

TK

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back