News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kyle Henderson

Colorado Golf Club - Short Course: A Pictorial New
« on: August 26, 2010, 03:45:22 PM »
For those that venture down to Parker to play the Colorado Golf Club, make sure you give yourself a few extra hours to sample the club's Short Course. Here follows a sampling of sunrise images to whet your palette.

Stats
-Par 27
-1103 yards from the back plates, with most holes stretching to between 95 and 140 yards, with the exception of the 9th (195 yards uphill)
-Approximately 1 mile of elevation

1st tee  

2nd tee

2nd green

3rd tee

3rd looking back from the lright/rear ravine

3rd looking back from the left/rear bunkers

4th tee

4th zoom

4th greenside bunker

5th

6th

7th

8th

9th back tee

9th forward tee

9th looking back

« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 07:17:20 PM by Kyle Henderson »
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Gene Greco

Re: Colorado Golf Club - Short Course: A Pictorial
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 04:07:02 PM »
    Allow a few extra hours to sample the short course?

By the looks of these photos I would go there just to play the short course!
"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 04:07:33 PM »
Is CGC now public?

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Doug Wright

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 04:20:52 PM »
Twitter: @Deneuchre

Greg Tallman

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 04:23:19 PM »
Looks wonderful. I think the world needs more of these and far less 7500 courses. Pretty sure I could have every bit the fun on this short course as I could on Firestone South... check that, FAR MORE fun than on Firestone South.

Thomas Patterson

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 04:26:32 PM »
Looks great!  thanks for sharing these.  I love how the holes just blend into the CO landscape..makes me miss Denver and that big blue SKY! 

CGC is one course I'm sad I didn't get a chance to see while living there.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 04:28:53 PM »
Are there TWO Redans?   :o

Kyle Henderson

Re: Colorado Golf Club - Short Course: A Pictorial New
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 04:44:43 PM »
Are there TWO Redans?   :o

The 1st is a wedge (~100 yards) from the back plate. The 7th is around 135. I wouldn't recommend a running shot at either if low scoring is the goal. ;)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 07:18:12 PM by Kyle Henderson »
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Bill_McBride

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 04:51:50 PM »
Are there TWO Redans?   :o

The 1st is a wedge (~100 yards) from the back plate. The 7th is around 135. I wouldn't recommend a running shot at either is low scoring is the goal. ;)

No, but both greens look like a shot to the front right could wind up back left!  Very pretty golf holes.

Ben Sims

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 04:55:51 PM »
I played little chip, sawed off 5 irons to both the 5th and 7th greens.  The seventh in particular was very, very fun.  I think my ball disappeared for a solid three-four seconds before reappearing as a trickle on the back left part of the green.  If you're being creative and playing the course with a grin--as you should be--only #6 and #8 aren't conducive to a well placed running shot.   I had a hoot out there after getting beat up by the big course.

In all actuality, I think the short course has a better, more flowing set of green surfaces than the "big" course.  The angles that they play relative to the teeing areas are very well conceived.  As are the contours.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 12:13:42 AM »
I played the short course after I played the "long" course.  In fact I played it twice, while my wife waited in the clubhouse.  It certainly is in my top three all time par three courses. 
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2010, 10:20:56 AM »
It certainly is in my top three all time par three courses. 

The shaping and setting are very nice.

My only complaint is the lack of variety in yardage. I used a 9-iron or less from the back plates on six holes. Punch shots are fun, but I'd like to hit a few full shots with mid- or long irons as well.

I dearly hope the Conservation Course (Bandon) will be even better.

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 02:54:57 PM »
I played the short course after I played the "long" course.  In fact I played it twice, while my wife waited in the clubhouse.  It certainly is in my top three all time par three courses. 

Only the Olympic Club Cliffs Course even compares in terms of other par 3 courses I've played, and the shaping of that course is very heavy-handed. Yet setting and shots values are spectacular.

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,43780.0/

The 12-hole Challenge Course at Monarch Dunes (Nipomo, CA) is a brawny test of par 3's, but housing lots make for a frustrating walk.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back