News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve Kline

The Golf Club - Charitable Outing
« on: August 24, 2010, 10:40:01 AM »
I just got an invite to this. You can find the info at www.mortonfoundation.com. It ain't cheap but it is a hard course to get on.

Dale_McCallon

Re: The Golf Club - Charitable Outing
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 11:10:14 AM »
Is it ironic that a organization that wants to foster the growth of golf hosts a charity event at a male only club. 

I don't want to get all PC, I could care less about male only clubs it's just a strange choice of venue IMO.

Jud_T

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 11:13:17 AM »
Some pretty impressive auction items....
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Michael Huber

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 11:23:16 AM »
Some pretty impressive auction items....

I'm guessing you have your eyes on those 8 tickets to an Ohio State away game

Jud_T

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 11:31:52 AM »
Uh, yeah.  Keeping a low profile on college football these days....The funny thing is I finally took my son to Ann Arbor two years ago.  I got tix for a nonconference game where they were 17 point favorites, and they still figured out a way to sh*t the bed at the buzzer...My son, 9 at the time, turns to me and says, "Dad, Michigan SUCKS"....I tried to tell him how good they were when I was in school, but he wasn't buying it.  At least we got to play the golf course.... :-\
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

JC Jones

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 12:22:55 PM »
Uh, yeah.  Keeping a low profile on college football these days....The funny thing is I finally took my son to Ann Arbor two years ago.  I got tix for a nonconference game where they were 17 point favorites, and they still figured out a way to sh*t the bed at the buzzer...My son, 9 at the time, turns to me and says, "Dad, Michigan SUCKS"....I tried to tell him how good they were when I was in school, but he wasn't buying it.  At least we got to play the golf course.... :-\

Well, you wouldn't be a true Michigan fan if you didn't talk about the past.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Jud_T

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 12:27:33 PM »
JC,

Can't believe it took you 51:03 to hit this one that was teed up so nicely for you.... ;D  At least the hosting bug keeps that unsightly avatar of yours from view!  Sounds like there's a grudge match sometime in our future.... 8)

JC Jones

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 01:30:17 PM »
JC,

Can't believe it took you 51:03 to hit this one that was teed up so nicely for you.... ;D  At least the hosting bug keeps that unsightly avatar of yours from view!  Sounds like there's a grudge match sometime in our future.... 8)

I try to re load that avatar on a daily basis.  Damn you, Ran, Damn you!

The grudge match is, as the kids say, On like Donkey Kong.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back