News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JC Jones

Re: DG Features I Would Like To See Added To This Forum
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2010, 08:09:34 PM »
Since you asked, no. But if you publicly admit that State is an inferior institution I may well reconsider :)

Admitting it would mean there was truth to it.  When will little tebow get his wings back?
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2010, 08:33:18 PM »
Michael,
Spellcheck.  (Since karma is unlikely, being able to keep someone from hexing you would be nice.)

A posting clock which is accurate

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2010, 09:55:30 PM »
How about a thread category?
When adding a New Topic, by dfualt you must select a category from a drop down menu: e.g. GC architects, course design, course set up, course maintenance, historical, pro tour, etc

This would mean we could all reveiw topics based on our preferences, if I only want to read about architecture and designers, it will be a simple process for me to find them.

bm
@theflatsticker

Scott Warren

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2010, 02:13:27 AM »
Pete_Pittock:

An accurate posting clock? As in, the time it says you made a post is not the same as the actual time you made it?

That can be changed in your profile settings. Click on your name above to open your profile and then click on "Look and Layout Preferences" and chance the Time Offset so it corrects the time (eg. for London it is -4).
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 02:15:00 AM by Scott Warren »

Sean_A

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2010, 05:33:28 AM »
I don't really care about any of the features on offer except for width for photography purposes.  It doesn't make sense to me cut down the width that is available.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Ashridge, Kennemer, de Pan, Eindhoven, Hilversumche, Royal Ostend & Alnmouth

Tim Nugent

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2010, 12:41:19 PM »
Spell check

A flag of Nationality - one of the resons I'm here is to get opinions/ observations from golfers outside the US but don't always know who is from where.

Posting Pictures as easy as Facebook
Coasting is a downhill process

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2010, 12:50:02 PM »
Pete_Pittock:

An accurate posting clock? As in, the time it says you made a post is not the same as the actual time you made it?

That can be changed in your profile settings. Click on your name above to open your profile and then click on "Look and Layout Preferences" and chance the Time Offset so it corrects the time (eg. for London it is -4).

Scott,
Thanks for the education.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2010, 12:56:15 PM »
Spell check would be nice as it would reduce the opportunities for Mucci to call me a moron.  :) Won't do anything for the wiener or whiner labels, but a 1/3 reduction in abuse would be welcomed.  ;D ;D
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Marty Bonnar

Re: DG Features I Would Like To See Added To This Forum New
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2010, 01:45:00 PM »
Apart from the obvious need for an OT area.......gotcha!

I'd quite like the 'links' line of text (up there /\ where it says: Golf Club Atlas   GolfClubAtlas.com  Golf Course Architecture   Post Reply, etc...

repeated at THE BOTTOM of the page so I don't have to scroll back up every time I reach reading the end of a Post. That's been a pain since day one.

This is where some smart-alecky young gun tells me that of course there's an EASY way to do that... :(

FBD.

Feck, strike THAT! I've just noticed the drop down thingie over there > that allows this...what a stupid I am.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 01:48:23 PM by Marty Bonnar »
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back