News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim Colton

Re: Bandon one-day "slam"
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2010, 01:20:40 PM »
At Ballyneal this month, the caddies told us of a pair of caddies who set out to complete 100 holes in a day, and succeeded, though it was by no means easy. They started at about 5:30ish in the morning, and finished after 8pm.  Funny part is that they claimed the toughest part of the journey was the walk from 18 to the clubhouse each time...

I love golf, but I just don't think I could do it. I'm very impressed!

In related news, Nick and Gary will not be working at Ballyneal next summer, if the previous record holder has anything to say about it. :)

Mike Demetriou

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2010, 02:46:10 PM »
they told me the previous record was a paltry 54 holes. Jim, I thought you liked to play golf??

C. Sturges

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2010, 03:27:10 PM »
My best day there was first off at Bandon Dunes, played Bandon Trails, had lunch.  Then went and played Pacific Dunes followed by Shorty's par three course.  But this was not enough, so we drove south to the town of Port Orford and battled it out on their 9 hole putt putt course!.  A great day on the Oregon Coast!  The other one would be to include the Sheep Ranch!
Chris

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2010, 05:09:44 PM »
Scheduled for broadcast on Golf Channel next Tuesday, August 24th. West coast air times are 6pm and 9 pm.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 05:40:35 PM by Pete_Pittock »

Mark Arata

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2010, 05:31:13 PM »
I would love to try it, I think I could do it if I had a caddie....carrying your own bag for 4 rounds would be tough.....

No one was ever at BT in the late afternoon when we were up there, you could play it in under 2 1/2 easy if your legs held up. I would play that first and OM last I think......I didnt think OM was a hard walk at all, BT is by far the hardest walk on the property to me......

New Orleans, proud to swim home...........

JLahrman

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2010, 03:47:38 PM »
Bringing this back up as the air time is tonight.

I'll be honest, I have no idea if I have The Golf Channel at my place or not.  I went to their website, looks like they have a show called "Golf In America" scheduled for tonight, is that the program?

Pete_Pittock

Re: Bandon one-day "slam" New
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2010, 04:11:18 PM »
Yes, the program showing Bandon tonite is Golf In America. By the way the noontime temperature at Bandon today was in the low to mid 70s.
Less than eight minutes coverage of Bandon. Bummed out
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 10:46:36 PM by Pete_Pittock »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back