News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom MacWood (Guest)

Re: Flow and/or Variety
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2002, 01:36:50 PM »
Geoffrey
I'm confused are you taking exception with my use of the term 'survival' or the fact a three hundred yard walk might not effect the flow or both?

I'll admit my descriptive abilities are not great, I was trying to convey the difference between my experience of long walks at Cape Breton and the long walks I have experienced at other courses that might be described as beautiful walks in the park. What I experienced at Cape Breton involved a certain amount of anxiety due to the utter isolation, the fealing of wilderness, the end-of-the-earth local and the rugged terrain. If you prefer walk in the park, so be it. Its probably more accurate today any way.

As far as long walks are concerned do you doubt that the long walks at Cape Breton enhance the over all experience or flow a la Cypress Point or Ocean Forest?

Again my descriptive abilities let me down at Sand Hills. I was attempting to describe the unique feeling of isolation or wilderness. That in that type of rare isolated environment it was possible to get lost - adding to the axiety and/or survival instinct.

I unfortunately have not had a drink at Ben's porch, but I have had a few back at the clubhouse overlooking the Dismal river. And talk about surreal experiences, I'll never forget the cows that stand motionless on the opposite steep hillside at differing odd angles and that seem to be immune to gravity. It was like a scene from a Dali or Magritte painting.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back