News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark_F

Re: Golf Trip to the USA....WOW!
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2010, 05:38:36 PM »
They noted that it wasn't an even trade ... the Yanks are always getting over to London to play, but why would any member of Swinley Forest want to get to New Jersey?

To dine with Pat Mucci?

Amazing to think that Kevin Pallier's trip was almost a year ago. 

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2010, 08:05:28 PM »
It may take me a while to get all the pics up - any suggestions on editing and culling the amount - I am thinking when I do each course, particularly the courses that are well documented here, that I will just put up the holes or pics that I think are interesting, or that others will find interesting. Or to assist in making a point.

Brett

It took me ages to get through all mine - even taking them in sequence and numbering same. Look forward to seeing your take on all those courses.

Amazing to think that Kevin Pallier's trip was almost a year ago. 

Mark

Not a day goes by where I dont think about it.......

Rob Miller

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2010, 08:29:41 PM »
Brett- Excellent, especially enjoyed the comparison of the cypress trees at CPC with the moai at Eastern Island.  At sunset both give that haunting feeling of beauty and mystery.  Looking forward to photos and further posts.   

Reading about the adventure reminded me of one of my favorite poems - Ithaca.  The journey is the thing. 

http://www.ithaca.org/Ithaka.htm

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2010, 08:38:02 PM »
Tom:
3 letters and emails, tried to build some repoire with a person....

I believe you mean rapport?   :)
Thanks Scott, rapport is and does look better in italics
I was up way too late last night, apologies for the error ;)
@theflatsticker

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2010, 06:36:49 AM »
Brett- Excellent, especially enjoyed the comparison of the cypress trees at CPC with the moai at Eastern Island.  At sunset both give that haunting feeling of beauty and mystery.  Looking forward to photos and further posts.   

Reading about the adventure reminded me of one of my favorite poems - Ithaca.  The journey is the thing. 

http://www.ithaca.org/Ithaka.htm

Rob - that is an excellent poem and a description of a golf journey that I hope to continue - CPC certainly fills the soul with a little more sunshine.
Thanks
@theflatsticker

Brian Cenci

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2010, 10:09:58 AM »
Truly an impressive trip and I can't deny a better "quality" cast of golf courses....but, just imagine traveling twice as far and driving for 2 1/2 weeks though to do what you did:

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,19500.msg346300/

Bill_McBride

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2010, 12:20:55 PM »
Brett, your description of the closing holes at Cypress Point was sheer poetry, made the hair on the back of my neck stand at attention.  I will never forget your comparison of the cypresses on 17 and 18 to the statues on Easter Island.  A brilliant thought, I hope to see them again some time and will look at 18 differently next time!

Tim Martin

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2010, 02:33:56 PM »
I missed this thread originally and am sure glad it was bumped. Brett-One of the best posts I have read on GCA. Your sense of adventure coupled with your love of all things golf are inspirational. You know that you will have to get back to the east coast at some point to finish what you started. :)

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2010, 06:02:43 PM »
Thanks guys,
And a bump to self to get posts up on all the courses!

Also, ashamed to realise that I left out Spyglass Hill in my brief summary above and GCA member Mike J great assistance and company on a great round there, an interesting layout with a great opening P5 and also the short P4 4th a highlight

I am 3/4 of the way thru the photos.

Cheers
@theflatsticker

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back