News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Young

Yardage book covers
« on: April 15, 2017, 08:53:04 PM »
I saw an $800 yardage book cover today .  Since I'm sure most of you don't use rangefinders I just wondered what the normal golf dork pays for his yardage book cover....this one was made by House of Fleming    https://www.facebook.com/houseoffleming/  which makes the belts etc for TW and other pros...anyone ever tried their white belts?  Just checking....
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

MJohnson

Re: Yardage book covers
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 10:11:44 AM »
You could have three of four range finders for that price !
2019 courses - Enville, Wharton Park,

Erik J. Barzeski

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 03:40:39 PM »
I don't really use yardage book covers.

I have a few from some famous courses around the Pittsburgh area. A plain AimPoint embossed one. I'd likely never pay more than $40 for one. I'm not a guy into exotic skins or leathers or whatever. I'm more about the utility with a cover that's "nice enough."

P.S. I use a range finder all the time.
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas
Author, Lowest Score Wins, Instructor/Coach, and Lifetime Student of the Game.

I generally ignore Rob, Tim, Garland, and Chris.

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 03:55:08 PM »
T.I.N. Box Partners makes the "it" yardage book cover these days.

Rich Goodale

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 04:51:53 PM »
When I was first asked to write "Experience Royal Dornoch," I thought I was doing a high end yardage thingy.  It ended up being an 11"x11" hard cover book with a lot of seriously good photos and even better computer generated images.  I thought it would never sell, but my publisher thought otherwise.  It has sold several thousand copies since then (and still sells) for c, $30-$75, depending on postage and hassle.

Can you tell me, Mike, where I can sell the copies I still have at the $800 rack rate?
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

jeffwarne

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 05:28:08 PM »
I reallly miss 150 yard markers...
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Rich Goodale

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 06:48:46 PM »
Jeff

I played a local course last week that had 125 and 175 markers for a 6700 yard course.  Either they were pandering to us old guys and their 3rd shots or pandering to the flat bellies as to what sort of wedge they should be thinkng about.
Rich[/size]
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

jeffwarne

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 07:15:17 PM »
I walked three holes today with a twenty handicap who has played this course easily 1000 times in the past 15 years.
No holes were cut, no pins.
Third shot on par 5-----Wind blowing in easily 25 mph-green dramatically uphill 40 feet above him.
First question out of his mouth was "How far is it"?

I was a bit stunned.....
but mostly, I just missed those 150 stakes

we've decluttered our courses but cluttered our pockets.

I didn't even know they made yardage book holders....
but I will say Michelle Wie's yardage book is longer than her skort
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Mike_Young

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 07:29:42 PM »
Jeff,
Here are a few...plus check this entire page with all the guys buying this stuff    https://www.facebook.com/houseoffleming/photos/a.152697468258117.1073741829.152688188259045/619688398225686/?type=3&theater
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Jim Franklin

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2017, 11:35:32 AM »
I have a custom made one from TIN Box partners. Love it. I only wish more courses made yardage books.
Mr Hurricane

Bill_McBride

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2017, 03:18:26 PM »
I reallly miss 150 yard markers...

Little bushes?

JHoulihan

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2017, 11:31:50 PM »
Mine was $145 and ordered through Appalachian Leather Works. I purchased my cover back in 2014. Many of the courses I play rarely offer them so it only gets used 5-10 times yearly.  This cose included matching "cash cover" which I carry daily and has little damage after years of abuse.

Tin box was also an option when buying and has many custom options as well. Hacker $96+, Duffer $175+, and Mr 3 Wiggle Market value ($300+?)

Justin

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back