News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Demetriou

Blog article re Sleepy Hollow
« on: July 30, 2010, 05:04:50 PM »
John Dunn, over at the golf blog "Out and Back" just posted a very interesting article about Sleepy Hollow. http://out-and-back.net/?p=2225

I'm excited to play there soon, and I've been reading quite a bit about the course in lieu of actually working. However, nothing I've read so far is as tasty as this blog post.  Love to hear what people think about the course and I'm particularly interested in hearing about the success (or lack thereof) of their renovations from those who know...

Steve_ Shaffer

Re: Blog article re Sleepy Hollow
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 05:50:48 PM »
http://golfclubatlas.com/courses-by-country/usa/sleepy-hollow-country-club-ny-usa

Sleepy Hollow has  been discussed here before. Try a search.
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Chris Shaida

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 06:18:54 PM »
I've played Sleepy a fair amount over the past eight years--before and after the renovation--most recently this Tuesday.  The renovation is spectacular.  There is a fantastic mix of quiet, parkland holes and now more open areas where you can see across multiple holes and to the river valley.  The third, where all the trees near the green have been removed is and where the green seems to float off the side of the hill is particularly magical.  You'll have a great time playing.  (btw, we had such a great time playing early TUesday at Sleepy that we went over and played Fenway in the afternoon--seemed only fair since much of the tillinghast has been striped out of Sleepy to return it its CBM roots that we give Tillinghast his due as well!)

Brian Noser

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 07:20:24 PM »
Not sure what happened but Tom is looking into it probably a fluke. 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 11:23:50 PM by Brian Noser »

Tom Dunne

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 07:58:02 PM »
Brian,

PM sent.

John Dunn

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 11:20:40 PM »
Just wanted to let everyone know that I added an incredible hard to find pic of one of Tom Winton's holes to the post (courtesy of George Bahto) - his version of the Road Hole (you can see it on the aerial too.) And I also redid the aerials to accurately reflect the different routings and how they changed over time - including some of the original bunkers still visible from the "lost" holes. You can reference their position form the 1915 Brooklyn Daily Eagle drawing at the bottom of the post. Enjoy. And don't fear the virus. Never heard of anyone else getting one on there. JD

Tom Dunne

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 01:29:19 AM »
Not a fluke, Brian. You were right. We ran a scan and it flagged a few suspicious lines of code that have now been eradicated. Many thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back