News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Carl Johnson

Way, Way OT - Announcers's Dress
« on: July 29, 2010, 08:53:17 PM »
I just watched the opening of the 8:30 EDT rerun of the first day at Greenbrier on the Golf Channel.  Nick Faldo and another anouncer, Craig Perks sticks in my mind, but at my age what sticks and what doesn't is goofy.  Dark suits, white (bluish) shirts, a silver and a gold tie.  Gee guys, it's golf, not a funeral.  Given the jocks out on the course (not to mention John Daly's pants), what gives here?  Not a Bobby Knight fan, but the sweater look was better than the coat and tie a lot of other basketball coaches wear.

Ronald Montesano

Re: Way, Way OT - Announcers's Dress
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 10:48:58 PM »
Did you see Tom Watson's green sh*t (not a typo) on Sunday of the British/Open championship?  Still putting drops in eyes.  He is one whacky dude...preaches tradition, then shows up in a shirt on which Daly took a pass.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Matthew Runde

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 08:02:29 AM »
Watson's combo of green shirt and orange tie nearly blinded me, too.  I like crazy clothes on players and commentators, but that combo was remarkably painful to see.

Jeff Spittel

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 08:06:59 AM »
I too was confused by Watson's bizarre Polo outllet combination at the Open, but he generally looks pretty well put together on the course in his Ralph threads.
Fare and be well now, let your life proceed by its own design.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 08:18:35 AM »
What happened to the blazers with the network logo? They were in vogue awhile ago.

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

David Whitmer

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 08:35:44 AM »
I don't care either way, but when the announcers dress in a suit and tie it looks awfully professional to me...how can that be a bad thing? As far as I know every sports broadcaster doing television wears a suit and tie. Scratch that...as far as I know, every male television journalist I can think of wears a suit and tie.

Carl Johnson

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 08:52:21 AM »
Did you see Tom Watson's green sh*t (not a typo) on Sunday of the British/Open championship?  Still putting drops in eyes.  He is one whacky dude...preaches tradition, then shows up in a shirt on which Daly took a pass.

I sure did.  Very, very strange.  That is all I will venture.

Dan_Callahan

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 03:22:28 PM »
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought maybe someone was going to post pictures of Kelly Tilghman in a tight, revealing dress. Bummer to find out it was really about Tom Watson's hideous ensemble. Oh well. Back to work.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back