News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dave Falkner

St Georges, NY
« on: July 27, 2010, 11:20:37 PM »
Just got a bunch of photos  here is 18  looking towards the green

before

after

the  dreaded red  x  can anyone help a brother out
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 01:56:46 PM by Dave Falkner »

Ed Oden

Re: St Georges, NY
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 12:42:44 AM »
Dave, is this what you were trying to post?

Dave Falkner

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 09:52:37 AM »
Ed

yes thank you very much

could you explain how I might be able to do that  or I could post the  red x's and you could  clean them up   :)

Ed Oden

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 11:09:17 AM »
Dave, I think the main problem is that you didn't include the image codes.  But you may have also failed to copy the full URL for your pictures.  Here is what you do:  Go back to your original post and click the "modify" button to pull that post up in its current state.  Delete the information you had originally included for your pictures and then (i) open another tab on your browser and go to your flickr page and left click on the photo you want to post to bring it up, (ii) right click on the photo to reveal a drop down window, (iii) click on "Properties" to reveal another drop down, (iv) highlight and copy the COMPLETE URL Address, (v) switch back to the tab with the gca.com post you are modifying, making sure your curser is where you want to insert the picture, and click on the icon above that looks like a photo (it says "Insert Image" when your curser goes over it) which will insert two sets of brackets with img and /img in them in the spot where you wanted to put the picture, and (vi) finally, right click between the two sets of brackets and then left click on "Paste".  Your image is now there and can be seen if you click on the preview button. 

Joe Bausch

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 11:58:43 AM »
I was fortunate to experience this Dev Emmet 1917 layout on Saturday.  A separate thread may follow if there is sufficient interest.  However, I thought I would tack onto this thread a panoramic shot taken from behind the par 3 17th green, where about 6 greens are visible!  Use the blue slider bar to see much more.

If you wish to view a neat QTVR movie of that same photo, go here:

http://xchem.villanova.edu/~bausch/images/stgeorges/sggcc.mov
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 02:52:40 PM by Joe Bausch »
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 12:06:35 PM »
If you like "Quirk", you'll LOVE St George's.

A wonderful golfing experience made more enjoyable by the ongoing work of the Superintendent.

Noel Freeman

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 12:46:40 PM »
I was fortunate to experience this Dev Emmet 1917 layout on Saturday.  A separate thread may follow if there is sufficient interest.  However, I thought I would tack onto this thread a panoramic shot taken from behind the par 3 17th green, where about 6 greens are visible!  Use the blue slider bar to see much more.

If you wish a neat QTVR movie of that same photo, go here:

http://xchem.villanova.edu/~bausch/images/stgeorges/sggcc.mov

Curiously, if what Adam Jessie told me is right, this hole is not Emmet but a former super created...

Joe Bausch

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 12:54:23 PM »
Noel, there are many holes pictured in the pano.   :)

I'm assuming you mean the par 3 to the far left, which I think is the 11h hole?
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Mark McKeever

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 02:20:52 PM »
Great panoramic Joe!  It really captures the terrain of the place.  I for one would love to see more pictures!!

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Robert Emmons

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 04:16:22 PM »
The Par 3 is  not Emmet, as mentioned...RHE

Keith OHalloran

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 07:41:10 PM »
Joe,
I also played ST. George this week and really love the course and the changes that they have made. I think shaving the 18th and the second hole fairways into one another is great. I also love how the bunkers have been brought into play by the mowing patterns. I also really like shaving the walk from the 8th green to the ninth tee (which is a small feature but one that catches my eye).
I  have always thought that the 12th hole, is reminiscent of the 14th at Shinnecock. It has the hill on the right, it gets narrow on the way up, the second shot is demanding etc.
I have heard that the 11th is not an Emmett hole. It was told to me that there was a re routing of a road and that was the need for a new hole. Incidentally, that is also the reason that the house on the left of 12 has a front door facing the fairway, and away from the current road. Many years ago, the door faced a road.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back