News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adam Clayman

Re: Road Hole and #14 at Pebble Beach
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 11:40:56 AM »
Tom, I was actually thinking, missing it in two, into the bunker, the way Tiger did on Sunday, for his kick in birdie.

From a hundred out the miss long right, I was referring to, has the benefit of the having the rough stop it either on the ground or through the air. I believe there was a re-count of one guy being told by a the local caddy to miss it there. That caddy was spot on. It may be smaller than the target but it was reachable in more than one way. Plus, if the grass is too short, how does that reflect on the quality of the architecture?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 12:16:14 PM by Adam Clayman »
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

John Moore II

Re: Road Hole and #14 at Pebble Beach
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 12:21:44 PM »
The Road Hole is difficult because of design intent, and has a fair green if approached from the right angle with a proper shot. The 14th at Pebble was difficult because the green was set-up stupidly.

Case in point: Y.E. Yang just hit his second shot short and right of the green and hit a well executed pitch to 6 inches. The 14th at Pebble didn't allow for such shots.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back