News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brett_Morrissy

Re: Pasatiempo. 12/13th July 2010?
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2010, 08:33:08 AM »
Hi Tony,
I am missing you by a week - I am planning to play Pasa on Monday the 19th. (3 days in Monterey) (end of a two week golf trip)

Tom, not sure how often you get to Pasatiempo - but I am looking to book as a single very early Monday 19th - say 7.30/8.00 - I need to get down to Monterey for a later round in the afternoon?

Anyone else very welcome. ;D

Cheers
Brett
@theflatsticker

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2010, 09:12:53 AM »
Mark - Just in terms of the walk, compare it to San Jose Muni (if you have ever been there).  The presence of completely flat courses like that is what keeps me from calling the walk at Pasatiempo "great."  Sure it's not Lake Chabot, but come on... there are some pretty large hills.  Note also that early on I say it can and should be walked.  Oh heck yeah, it's better that way.  I'd just want someone who's never seen it to be prepared for the hills, rather than wonder later if we're all triathletes or something.   ;)

Brett - normally all early-morning times are reserved for members.  But call them and see what's what.

TH

Mike Benham

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2010, 11:44:54 AM »

As Tom says, call them but I spend weeks of every summer in Santa Cruz and play Pasatiempo at least once, during the week as a dew sweeper and they have always taken my money ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

JLahrman

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2010, 06:37:41 PM »
To bring this back up...I had the pleasure of playing this course for the first time today and I've had this thread in mind for the past week or so.  I was interested to see what I would find.  I found it to be (I will use the V-word) very walkable.  It's not flat, but I wouldn't say the elevation changes are massive either.  There is a hill up to the ninth green, and up the 11th hole.  Those were the only places that got me breathing hard at all.  There are basically no green to tee walks.  Let me tell you, I hit way too many shots to way too many places today, but never felt like the course was tough to walk in the least.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2010, 10:27:47 PM »
Joel - sorry, can't agree it's very walkable (but you knew I wouldn't). The two instances you mention remove it from that by my standards anyway (and one could also add 9 green to 10 tee to this), and you also have to consider the massive elevation change from the low point (2 green) to the high point (11 green).  It tends to wear on one.

Manageable walk, yes.  Very walkable, that depends on one's standards and fitness level, I suppose.  But let's talk again after you have done it a few more times.  The walk gets harder the more times you do it.

Great course?  For sure.  That part never changes.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back