News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tiger_Bernhardt

Re: Sheep Ranch
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2010, 12:00:18 AM »
It is special on many levels. One being it allows you to use your imagination to play whatever course you can dream up. The fact the land is on a cliff over the Pacific Ocean with a few greens on the clift is just icing on the best cake ever. How many of us would have aour own private sheep ranch if we had a few hundred grand 100  or so nice rolling acres  with an extra  $100,000 or so a year to maintain it. Ok that is not the hard part. The hard part is the millions it takes to have that land on the ocean with nothing around to even remind you of well reality.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 12:02:24 AM by Tiger_Bernhardt »

Ryan Farrow

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2010, 12:56:55 AM »
Thanks all for the tips.

Will give them a call and see if its possible, will only be 2 of us that day... not sure what my brother will think about it after $100. Kind of makes me wonder how much of that they take home.... not to take anything away from it or sound like a dick, just curious. (Seems like a good business model if they can pull in $100 green fees with almost zero operational costs)

Seems like a sweet place, I like the mystique and hopefully I can get out there!

Pete Wendt

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2010, 10:36:05 AM »
One of the most incredible days of golf ever.  Pick your poison, pick your par and off you go.  We were like fat kids on candy all day.

It is a can't miss if you can get on and find it!

Pete

Bill_McBride

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2010, 11:57:31 AM »
It is special on many levels. One being it allows you to use your imagination to play whatever course you can dream up. The fact the land is on a cliff over the Pacific Ocean with a few greens on the clift is just icing on the best cake ever. How many of us would have aour own private sheep ranch if we had a few hundred grand 100  or so nice rolling acres  with an extra  $100,000 or so a year to maintain it. Ok that is not the hard part. The hard part is the millions it takes to have that land on the ocean with nothing around to even remind you of well reality.

Remember the day we walked up there in 2001 after 36 on Pacific Dunes right after it opened?  The Sheep Ranch was just an idea at the time but there was definitely one green site close to the gate!

Scott Furlong

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2010, 01:22:50 PM »

From this picture you are either the longest hitter on earth, playing a Casperesque hook or donating a ball to the sea.

Trying..................but I donated the ball.  It was our last shot on an unbelievable day.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back